Just Labradors banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
21,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dylan for the most part attacks Jasper by grabbing his ruff ( neck ) and holding on like a limpet !

Jasper very occasionally gets cross and chases Dylan which is exactly what Dylan wants !

Doesn't matter how much chastising - Dylan does what he wants !

Jasper gets so tired of this constant onslaught !

Comments welcome................

·
Registered
4,486 Posts
zoe still does that to dutch. i've actually watched him HIDE from her when he is not in the mood for play. when he is irritated, he will give her "the business" or yelp, which makes her back off. drives me nuts...she will start first thing in the morning before he has been out for his pee....poor boys.

·
Registered
4,737 Posts
Hmmm well alfie doesnt grab onto pennys neck but he will crouch low and bark at her until she barks back and chases him nipping at his ankles..which he seems to love cos he butt tucks round the garden!

·
Registered
8,657 Posts
My comment is that after 6 years, Emilu is still a horrible "collar grabber" when it comes to Skippy. She is always trying to get him to play and chase her. Lately, he has been cross a few times and I think he must have nipped her because now she is almost afraid of him when we go to take our "walk". If he gets down the steps first, or out of the garage first I have terrible time even getting her to come out of the house. But once out, she starts trying to grab his collar - it's such a strong habit with her.

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Champ is always grabbing the ruff around Buddy's neck, or his back legs, trying to get him to play. If it were up to Champ, there'd be bitey-face going on every hour! Buddy is the one who doesn't want to play. Buddy, the boy they had to put in a special room at day care because he wanted to play so much he irritated the other dogs, doesn't want to play! :eek:

I keep telling Bill we need a puppy to bug Champ and teach him what it's like to be pestered constantly. :rolleyes: Wit our luck, the puppy would bug poor Buddy!

·
Registered
11,446 Posts
Abbey loves to play chase, so she normally tries to get all the dogs to chase her by antagonizing them or stealing their toys. Then when they are playing, she LOVES to bite their back legs and the extra skin around their neck and face.. haha. She's a goof!

·
Registered
9,693 Posts
If Jas is that against it someties, train a stop it cue to Dylan? Sorry - Morgan will ***** oput Har when enough is enough...

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
You're going to have to pull alpha, Col.. or have you not acquired that status, yet? *grin*

I can barely stop the douchebag duo from a rousing game of bitey-face.. so i'll go ahead and not practice what i preach.. but i saw on tv once some guy saying something about you, the alpha, should be able to tell a dog when to play, and when to stop.

And they're supposed to listen!

Can you imagine that?

wowzer!

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Ugh, happens at my house too. Frankie ducks into the crate when he's had enough.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts