Just Labradors banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our air broke last night. My brother (I hope) should be able to fix it but might not be until this weekend. Cody is out of town tonight, so who wants Tater and I??

I think I will be staying with his parents tonight, but I dont know what we will do for the next two nights. Ever since we moved into this house (we are the only owners of this house) we have had nothing but troubles. And they always seem to come up around this time of year. Its 85 - 90 during the day and in the 70s at night. WISH US LUCK!!

·
Registered
5,268 Posts
Oh, big bummer!!!!

What did you do with Tater today while you're at work? Won't it be hot there for him all day with no air?

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
MyLabsMom said:
Oh, big bummer!!!!

What did you do with Tater today while you're at work? Won't it be hot there for him all day with no air?
Codys mom will be going down around noon to get him out of the house and either taking him to her house or staying there with him. Doesnt really get that hot because we are in a town house. Upstairs is what gets hot and tater is in the kitchen where it is pretty cool right now. I left two fans on for him until she can get over there for me. It wont be hot in there until about the time I get home because the sun sets on the front of the house. So pretty much during the day our bedroom is hot. But I left windows open also.

Can someone tell me what might be wrong with it. The little box is not on, like th numbers arent showing. I left it ON so that if it does kick back on it will cool down the house.

·
Registered
13,529 Posts
Is your thermostat battery operated? If so, it could be something sooooo simple as changing the batteries to get it going again.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
TangerineFizz said:
Is your thermostat battery operated? If so, it could be something sooooo simple as changing the batteries to get it going again.
I dont know, good question. I will ask her to check that when she goes over. I hope it is something that small.

·
Registered
8,752 Posts
Check:
1. battery
2. fuse box (make sure your AC fuse is switched on... I know some people who turn their AC off at the fuse box over the winter)
3. the box outside of your house that the AC unit is attached to... there will either be an ON/OFF switch or a fuse (if it's a newer home). Make sure the fuse is in all the way and correctly... lots of times if the house was built over the winter or in the early spring, the HVAC guys will just slide the fuse in (not all the way).

Good luck! Our AC went last summer during a heat wave, so I can sympathize! Fortunately, Henery was at daycare all day, so it was just my houseplants that were cooking. LOL!

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah I just called Cody and he thinks it might have a battery in it. We noticed Monday that it wasnt on and he took the box off the wall and shuck it aroud and then it worked. BOY I hope its that. We have had nothing but problems with this thing since we moved in. last time they told us there was a little hole in the line. I cant wait to move. And its a newer home, shouldnt have these problem. I will never buy another DR Horton home again.

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
Since its new do you have a warranty on it. I know if anything goes wrong with my house they will come out and fix for free.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nope it has already expired. My brother can work on them he is certified so he is going to come out and look at it for me. I can pay him in beer and pizza ;D

·
Registered
7,913 Posts
Tater will be fine for a couple of days without air conditioning. Last summer temps here were well into the 90's and almost no one in this country has A/C. As long as you take sensible precautions it is fine. Not exactly comfortable but survivable.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well I am sure by now he let the ice cubs i left for him melt and is laying in the water :). Everyone here at work said that the air unit should still be under warranty for at least 5 years. The builder warranty is only a year. So I will call and check on that. You know since my brother isnt calling me back. :p

1 - 12 of 12 Posts