Just Labradors banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Joe Maringo said something in a thread that made me think. ME THINK? :laugh:

Where does Texas really fit in? Growing up in East Texas, we fit in with many of the southern traditions of the southern states. The Panhandle... they have weather closer to the Midwest, but also have what I call true cowboys. West Texas... it's a desert and thus falls into the Southwest. I have lived in San Antonio... and it's called the Hill Country with a whole different set of rules.

Some companies include Texas in their midwest territory... others in it's southwest.

WHERE DOES TEXAS REALLY FIT IN?

·
Registered
10,664 Posts
Where ever it wants!

G

·
Texas stands alone silly.

It is its own culture. And from what I have seen they are proud of it too.

They are Texans, not southerners and that is the only one I would come close to comparing them too.

·
Registered
10,664 Posts
phseamstress said:
Texas stands alone silly.

It is its own culture. And from what I have seen they are proud of it too.

They are Texans, not southerners and that is the only one I would come close to comparing them too.
That sums it up pretty well. I've been to Houston,Brownsville, Dallas,Beaumont and their outlying areas. All are different yet the same. I'd like to see more of Texas, personal not business.

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
People will ask me if I am from the south and I tell them "no, I am from Texas". They just stand there with a "huh" look on their face.

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ha ha.... I found this comment made after a bunch of googballs were talking up Texas. Don't get me wrong, I love Texas, but some people make me scratch my head.

Anyways, here is the comment. :laugh:

Haha, Texas is only so proud in an effort to disguise the fact that they used to be Mexico ;-)

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
;D Love that youtube clip. I have a coffee cup with exactly the same emblem that is on his shirt.!

·
Registered
202 Posts
I like Texans,they are definately Texans first and southern second...I drove to Mexico a time or 2 and thought it was the greatest thing in the world that they pulled off to the right side a highway @65 mph and let you pass in the normal lane....Theres also alot of places on the Texas coast Id like to fish.

Edit: This was my reason to post but forgot...after Hurricane Ivan entrapped my town and all of our power crews were down south helping restore power to the victims of Hurricane Charlie it was Texas Power crews that were here the most(we had crews form 9 states and Canada also)...Alot of them had "Git R Done" wirtten on the sides of their trucks with electrical tape...Anyways they got a RARE ICE COLD 6 pack the day they did my street,it was cold thanks to the 500 lbs of Ice I bought.

·
Registered
836 Posts
CenTexLabs said:
Texas, it's like a whole other country.
That is pretty much the way I always thought of it too. They have so many different types of land, from mountains to desert, city to small town USA. The town I stayed in there was a farming/oil town. Very small! Every Friday in the fall they would close the only main road through town and have a pep rally for the football team. I always though it was a lot like living in 1965 there. I kind of like thinking of Texas as its own country.

·
Registered
584 Posts
That's funny you said that about people asking u if u r from the south, and u saying "I'm from Texas". (or something to that matter) I was raised in Texas ever since I was five years old and moved out of Texas to Oklahoma when I was 19 years old. I lived there for 14 years, and although I have been in Oklahoma two years shy of the 14 I lived in Texas, I still call myself a Texan. I told my husband that I could be in Oklahoma for 20 years, and I would still consider myself a Texan(sorry Okies). That is where I was raised, that is where my folks are, and that is where my heart remains. I know that when I go back to visit my family in the great state of Texas,I am coming home.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts