Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
T

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If someone told you, your pants look like they were too tight? But really they arent, they are bagging on you and got turned and twisted because of the way you were sitting.

Would you have been upset and maybe got mad at the person? (because you have been on a diet and working out really hard to lose some weight)

OR

Would you have let it go and said whatever?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,781 Posts
slutty tight, inappropriately tight or you need to lose some weight tight?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,575 Posts
I would let it go. Some people are just ugly sometimes and like to point out other peoples issues to make them feel better.
 
T

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
kelli said:
slutty tight, inappropriately tight or you need to lose some weight tight?
No not tight at all. But because of the way I was sitting and they got twisted around the body because they are SO BIG they said they look tight on my side. Does that make sense?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
26,306 Posts
That would ruin my whole day...Su said that last week...**** stretch jeans..you know how they are when you first put them on! then by the end of the day I was tugging on them to keep them up ::) Anyhoo I could have smacked him ::)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,955 Posts
My natural reaction to that would have been a shocked look and an "I'm sorry?" - meaning, 'what? surely I didn't hear what you said.'

Then, if like you said, it was the way you were sitting, I would have stood up and repositioned myself so they could have felt like an idiot.

Then I would have stewed about it all day because I have confidence issues anyway and that would have killed me.
 
T

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Melissa said:
Then I would have stewed about it all day because I have confidence issues anyway and that would have killed me.
Yes this is what I did last night and still feeling like crap. And of course I didnt run last night because I would have missed Greys. So I feel even worse this morning for not running.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
557 Posts
Well tell us how the conversation went. was it a guy that said it or a girl? To me it would depend on the senario of whether or not I got mad.
 
T

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
BrownDog20 said:
Well tell us how the conversation went. was it a guy that said it or a girl? To me it would depend on the senario of whether or not I got mad.
Ok it was Cody who said it. THe one person who knows what I am trying to do right now with losing some weight. The one person who knows not to pick on me about two things and never does.

Got in the car after running in the rain on the phone with my dad. Got in the car he said "your pants look like they are choking you on your side". I finished talking to my dad got off the phone and I looked at Cody and said "what the F*ck did you just say and point at", and he said "that, what is that are your pants too tight". Just to go ahead and tell you yes I did cry.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
28,830 Posts
Knowing it was Cody who said it I have to say I think it was mean and hurtful. He didn't think for one second about how those words might make you feel. Shame on him. :mad:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,629 Posts
Paddysmom said:
Knowing it was Cody who said it I have to say I think it was mean and hurtful. He didn't think for one second about how those words might make you feel. Shame on him. :mad:
Ditto. That was an insensitive, thoughtless and mean thing to say. I can't imgaine my husband being that mean to me. If he was, once I got over the shock, I'd probably cry too.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,636 Posts
Tater said:
BrownDog20 said:
Well tell us how the conversation went. was it a guy that said it or a girl? To me it would depend on the senario of whether or not I got mad.
Ok it was Cody who said it. THe one person who knows what I am trying to do right now with losing some weight. The one person who knows not to pick on me about two things and never does.

Got in the car after running in the rain on the phone with my dad. Got in the car he said "your pants look like they are choking you on your side". I finished talking to my dad got off the phone and I looked at Cody and said "what the F*ck did you just say and point at", and he said "that, what is that are your pants too tight". Just to go ahead and tell you yes I did cry.
Well in THAT case I would have pinched his nipple (really hard) and said very sweetly, "well since we are pointing out flaws today, your penis and brain are both rather small" THEN he would have gotten the silent treatment the rest of the day.
 
T

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well he did get the silent treatment for the rest of the night. He said he was sorry I believe him and now not so bad with him. But just upset in away. I know he felt really bad. He has never said anything like he before.


IzzyLucyWillie I would never say that was small, I would go to hell for lying :D ;D

He knows I am upset this morning and has called and emailed me to say he was sorry. I am over what he said now. Just not I got it in my head, which is a bad thing.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,781 Posts
Well, i would have been pissed, but if he's done everything he can to make amends, then i wouldn't sweat it. I'd be more worried if he didn't care if he hurt your feelings.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,955 Posts
Now, if Jason said it while we were still at home and getting dressed - that my pants looked a little tight - I wouldn't be thrilled but I wouldn't be pissed either because I'd rather he tell me than risk me going out in clothes that look bad.

BUT if I'm already out, all bets are off. Unless I've got a boob hanging out, you don't criticize my outfit when I can't do anything to change it and I'm already in public.
 
1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Top