Just Labradors banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed that the donations have remained rather stagnant, and short about 1k from the goal. If the financial goal isn't met, what happens? Does this particular format (vBulletin, right?) shut down and we move to a cheaper (ie, less reliable) server? Allow ads to make up the difference? (please,no!) Obviously, we can't expect Daniel to fund the remaining cost...that wouldn't be fair.

I actually like this format. It reminds me of JL in years past...like, 5 or 6 years past.

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
It's a good format, but its so expensive. There are places like Yuku which are free, and of course, not quite as reliable, but it works pretty good too.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Wonder if more people would be willing to donate if something was done about the spam and more features are added?

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
The other thing to consider is when slamming other people for not agreeing with you and driving them off is that they may have been the ones paying to help keep the board going.

I know I cut my donation in half this year because I spend a lot less time here since it has gotten so spiteful if you dare to disagree. I don't mind people disagreeing I enjoy the banter I do mind them being attacked because of it. You can disagree without being disagreeable.

Not everyone agrees on politics etc but this world would be a pretty dull place if we all saw eye to eye

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
I don't think Daniel's been around in a while (for example, all the bots still here and still getting in.) I'm wondering if the count up top has just not been updated for one. For two, completely agree with whomever said that more people would be willing to donate if we could get rid of the bots. We didn't have them at the previous board.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts