Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
13,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Libby is 7 1/2, Willy is 5. They haven't been crated or restricted in any way in the house when we're gone for years. Never a problem, except for Libby's rare fascination with the toilet paper roll. I have a bay window in my living room that is 9 1/2 ft wide, 3 sections. I have 3 separate blinds in the sections. I get a call from my cleaning lady saying when she went in this morning, the middle section of blind is on the floor in the kitchen! Now this section is about 6 feet wide and quite heavy. I have two house plants a duck statue, and a piece of pottery on the window sill of this window. Nothing was touched or moved out of place. There are no teeth marks on the blind. It's intact, except that it's on the floor. I find it hard to believe that after all these years the dogs ripped that blind down. And they'd have to pull quite hard to do it. It's mounted in the wood. I don't think they could even reach it. And how would they do that without knocking anything over? I'm stumped. Do you think it fell? and missed everything? and then they drug it into the kitchen? I don't know what to think.

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
My guess: It fell. The brackets let go or the screws failed after hanging there. And the dogs dragged it out of the way.

No teeth marks and the fact that it wasn't shredded leads me to believe it wasn't playtime.

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
I think your cleaning lady broke something and is blaming the dogs. There's no way something wouldn't have been moved if the dogs did it.

·
Registered
13,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I wondered about the cleaning lady, but I totally trust her. If she breaks something, she tell me. I think what Dan said, it fell. But I still don't know how it didn't knock something over. Maybe one side let go and it swung down and landed on the couch? Maybe it's time for doggie cam!

·
Registered
2,697 Posts
I think it just fell.

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
CLEANING LADY??!?!?!?! You are so lucky....send her over to my house, PLEASE!

I bet it just fell straight down, especially if nothing was in its way. Quite possible...

·
Registered
10,257 Posts

·
Registered
13,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
CLEANING LADY??!?!?!?! You are so lucky....send her over to my house, PLEASE!

I bet it just fell straight down, especially if nothing was in its way. Quite possible...
I know I am very lucky. I love her! and my hubby for paying her salary! I say the two greatest gifts a woman can have is a cleaning lady and a remote control car starter! That's all I need to make me happy!

·
Registered
6,666 Posts
Hmmm...not knowing would bug me, but I think it will remain a mystery.

My friend set up a doggie cam last week. Seven minutes after she left the house, her 50 lb. dog jumped up on her computer desk (it was a cam in her monitor). He didn't break or move anything, so she never would have known. It was pretty funny, it was about a 2 minute shot of looking at his fur and crotch.

·
Registered
6,054 Posts
I wonder if the ghosts cleaned up the mess so the dogs wouldn't get in trouble!
You have ghosts that clean? I wouldn't mind having a ghost that cleaned my house!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts