Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No surprise there:D, but the funny thing is I was told this by a co-worker yesterday! Granted our kids are grown, independent, have good jobs and are overall very happy. So why did she say this.... well when I go to Costco I buy everything in bulk, dish soap, laundry soap, TP, PT's, dishwasher soap, bar soap, etc..... So for 15.00 dollars a month- they get to refill anything they need, tp, paper towel, laundry soap, bar soap, tooth paste, vitamin water, OJ, etc. . So I was thinking it was a pretty good deal, they don't have to do the shopping, none of us needs all of the stuff, but all of us can use most of it. Yes they could do it themselves, but I don't mind, and it saves all of us money! Her problem was that I charge them at all! I tried to explain that we pay the member fee, I go and get the stuff etc. and the kids appreciate it. I never thought it was an issue, and yes we could afford to not charge them. So is it a good deal or are we really meanies:confused:

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Great deal! My parents use their Sams card to buy the boys snacks and us items in bulk. We pay them back and share some of the larger bulk items with split cost. I've never thought twice about it, and I wouldn't let them give it to us for nothing. We'll let them get us gifts for Christmas and birthdays, but we really don't like them paying for things for us or the kiddos any other time. Not to say they don't buy the boys an occasional outfit or toy when they have them, but neither me or Jason would let them get away with a lot.

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thats what I was thinking. I guess I could let them do it themselves and we would all pay more. To me its a win- win situation!

·
Registered
10,307 Posts
We do what gailatmsu described for/with our kids. They seem more than happy with it. Happy enough to send us emails, Mom/Dad, the next time you're at Costco, could you pick up some XXX for us. Seems like a win win to us. We never have to asked to be paid for what we get for them, they just do it. Occassionally we pick up some berries for them as our treat, but the household and bulk items, it is all pay for what you take.

·
Registered
10,719 Posts
Di if you lived closer to me I'd ask if you'd adopt me.:D

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
We do what gailatmsu described for/with our kids. They seem more than happy with it. Happy enough to send us emails, Mom/Dad, the next time you're at Costco, could you pick up some XXX for us. Seems like a win win to us. We never have to asked to be paid for what we get for them, they just do it. Occassionally we pick up some berries for them as our treat, but the household and bulk items, it is all pay for what you take.
If they ask me to pick up anything that isnt on the " every day living list" they pay for it straight up! If they didn't appreciate it, I wouldnt do it. Plus it really does work out for us as well as them!

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I might too except I don't handle rejection all that well. :D
I wouldn't reject either of you, but you might be paying more then 15 a month;) Hell you both would cost me more then that in coffee alone:D

·
Registered
192 Posts
I don't see anything wrong with it. My parents used to do the same. My dad not so much anymore, but I figuer he did enough for me growing up. Instead I do for him now. If I go to BJ's I pick up things for him while I'm there and drop them off. I don't expect money as he helps me out with Connor when I need him. So I look at it as a way to pay him back.

·
Registered
8,657 Posts
I think that some people just have to find something wrong with everything. Does she buy all her kids everyday living items and give them to her? Sounds like everyone in your family is happy with the situation :)

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
It is a super-fantastic deal. Along with the goods you are also teaching them, what I consider to be, a valuable life lesson.

·
Registered
10,719 Posts
I wouldn't reject either of you, but you might be paying more then 15 a month;) Hell you both would cost me more then that in coffee alone:D
Dang, you figgered that out.:D

·
Registered
10,719 Posts
And we thought she was stoopid. :rolleyes::D

I wonder what she'd charge us a month for coffe, we could still come out of this in good shape.:D

1 - 20 of 42 Posts