Just Labradors banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While I find Greg1 to be as annoying as anybody, how did "we" determine that he is Gene?

I remember Gene as a pretty good sort who didn't start big drama threads and just seemed like a hard-working regular guy. Nothing like Greg1. If I remember correctly, Gene dropped out because the recession had caused his job to turn into a nightmare and he just didn't have the time anymore to be involved.

It really bothers me more than it should that Gene has either turned into a crackpot or is being falsely accused of being a crackpot.

Anybody know anything?

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
I don't think greg1 is Gene.
Rubberballs was Gene, though.
Gene is active at the dork board, from what I understand.
I'm too tired today to type so maybe someone else will step up and fill ya in.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
If I remember correctly, Gene dropped out because the recession had caused his job to turn into a nightmare and he just didn't have the time anymore to be involved.
That's what I remember, too...but then he joined the other board right after he announced that.

Who knows....

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
I remember Gene being pretty level-headed, too. He and I shared diet success stories -- pics included (very brave) -- on the old Just Losers site.

I remember him being proud of his six-pack, gained at the expense of something like 200 crunches per day??

Nothing at all like Greg 1

and his
oddball
syntax
and
screwy
viewpoints

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
It will be very interesting, however, to see how many *cough* guests *cough* will be reading this thread.

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well if he joined the other board after leaving, then I would guess that he just didn't want to do the "hey you're all a bunch of jerks and I'm leaving" thing. Which really sounds much more like the kind of guy I remember and makes me respect him even a little more. I can't stand people who do the "you're a bunch of jerks and I'm leaving" routine. So go already.

If anybody's got anything concrete, then fine. But I'm just not buying the connection and don't think people should openly make it unless they've got something to back it up.

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
I remember Gene being pretty level-headed, too. He and I shared diet success stories -- pics included (very brave) -- on the old Just Losers site.

I remember him being proud of his six-pack, gained at the expense of something like 200 crunches per day??

Nothing at all like Greg 1

and his
oddball
syntax
and
screwy
viewpoints
I agree. I liked Gene, too.

·
Registered
15,206 Posts
I have another guess who greg1 is. Some people would never believe it if I posted who I think it is.
Okay... I don't "get" this kind of thing.

"I have something to say but I'm not gonna say it"

"oh what I have to say is really interesting but I'm not gonna tell you!!"

NAH NAH NAH NAH NAH

If you don't want to say... then why say anything? To say something like this means you want attention... which I guess since I'm posting this message... you got what you wanted.

I still don't get it... it's like something one of my classmates would do in elementary school.

·
Registered
16,129 Posts
Hmm. The more I think about it, the more I have to concede that I could be wrong on this one. Gene did admit to enjoying trolling, and I'm sure that he was yankey, rubberballs, rubbertoes, etc. He varies the style, syntax, and punctuation of his writing--it was only carelessness with Photobucket that gave away the other accounts.

Nonetheless, perhaps it's time simply to ignore.

I have another guess who greg1 is. Some people would never believe it if I posted who I think it is.
I admit nothing! NOTHING!!!

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Spill it, Pam.

Rubbertoes is storyteller....

·
Registered
16,472 Posts
I don't believe it's Gene. The times that greg1 posts are inconsistent with the times that Gene *can* post, as he is very busy these days....

but what the heck do I know.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts