Just Labradors banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll try to keep this relatively brief. DH and I were in Hawaii last week. Both got colds. I had a Z Pack with me because I had a hint of sore thoat before we left. Took the Z-Pack and finished it the day we got home (Saturday). Felt terrible Saturday, Sunday and Monday. Finally on Tuesday went to doctor (ear, nose and throat guy I go to -- not the one that gave me the Z-Pack -- that was my GP because ENT was out of town before my trip). He said that about 10% of sinus infections are resistent to the Z-Pack and gave me amoxicillan and told me to take Musinex D. Said I should be a lot better by this coming Monday (if not, have to go back to doctor). Here is is Friday and I still feel like crap. I have a lot of sinus pressure, a dry cough and still have some nasal congestion. Last night I used Vick's Vapor Rub and that helped a bit. I'm starting to get a little worried -- why am I not feeling better? I should add that I have been working non-stop since my return, have two court filings today, and haven't been able to really "rest" except in the evenings (have been getting home after 8 p.m.). Thanks. :(

·
Registered
10,664 Posts
Re: So sick of being sick -- how long does it take to get rid of sinus infection

I have had a sinus problem now for 3 months. I did the anti-biotic and musinex route on the first Doc visit. My next trip to the Doc was Sina 12X and nasal spray. The 3rd trip is Prednisone and Nasal spray. My 4th visit is next week.

I have ear canal blockages that won't clear. I've been nose scoped twice already,uncomfortable but painless. I am sick and tired of prefacing every conversation with "Excuse me I didn' hear you" "Could you repeat that?"

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
I had the sinus infection, cough, stuffy head crud for over four weeks. My doctor said there's some major respiratory stuff going around all over the country and it's just hanging on.

·
Registered
10,664 Posts
Re: So sick of being sick -- how long does it take to get rid of sinus infection

AmazonGold said:
I had the sinus infection, cough, stuffy head crud for over four weeks. My doctor said there's some major respiratory stuff going around all over the country and it's just hanging on.
I think that's what started my fiasco...Nasty head cold!...

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
AmazonGold said:
Ugh. I seriously feel like crap and need to get back into the swing of things. I haven't worked out in over 10 days and don't even feel like going to out to dinner.

·
Registered
11,079 Posts
My doctor said there's some major respiratory stuff going around all over the country and it's just hanging on.
I concur. In the past month or so, I've had a cold go into bronchitis (went away after drugs and 4 days of absolute rest) then after 2 weeks, got a viral respiratory infection which also required major rest. I'd say that I only felt like myself in the last 2-3 days. Take care, I hope you start feeling better soon.

R

·
0 Posts
ooo, sinius infections are the worst and if you don't take care of your self they can linger forever, if your a smoker stop smoking until it passes or you'll be stuck with it for months. :-\

Sending quick healing thoughts your way!

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
rexduke said:
ooo, sinius infections are the worst and if you don't take care of your self they can linger forever, if your a smoker stop smoking until it passes or you'll be stuck with it for months. :-\

Sending quick healing thoughts your way!
Thanks! I am not a smoker, so don't have to worry about that. I think I really just need to rest. I'm impatient, so it is hard. Maybe I can get out of here a bit early today. I've had sinus infections in the past, but this one has been the worst!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts