Just Labradors banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some jackass starved their dog almost to death, then left him at the park to die.
We took the girls to the park for their walk yesterday morning, at about 8 am. The dog was laying in the parking lot in a pile of leaves. I called the police and AC while my BF took the girls on a walk, away from the scene.
AC got there...the dog had not been dead long, maybe an hour or two. Rigor mortis had not set in yet, his eyes were not clouded over..when AC lifted his head he still had drool dripping out of his mouth. He was an intact male pit. AC said he hadn't been fed in at least 3 weeks, judging by his appearance and he also had open, bloody sores all over his feet and legs, from being kept kenneled on concrete.

I asked why people do this...she said that if people can't afford to feed their dogs, they certainly can't afford to pay the $200 that the shelters in our area require to surrender animals. So, most times, people are just dumping their dogs in our parks, hoping they'll be found and taken care of.
It was too late for this guy though.

RIP poor pup, sorry we couldn't save you.
Burn in hell, whoever you are that left this poor pup to die like this-alone and cold.
Here's hoping you get what's coming to you someday.

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
OMG... how heartbreaking!!!

Jackasses that do things like that should be left to starve just like they've done to a poor innocent animal.

Run free sweet thing, run free!

·
Registered
13,529 Posts
I'm so sad for the dog, and for you for having to find him.

RIP Little Soul - you didn't deserve the treatment you got at all.

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
POS doesn't begin to describe someone who would do this! Poor boy-hope you are finally at peace, Run Free...

·
Registered
4,276 Posts
Poor puppy...my heart is breaking. If animal cruelty laws were more than just a slap on the wrist, maybe just maybe some people would think twice about how they treat their pets.

RIP pup

1 - 10 of 10 Posts