Just Labradors banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Remington was beside himself with joy. He found an old dental bone that was my Golden Retriever's favorite toy, out in the yard today. That bone has been out there buried in the yard for almost seven years now. I let Rems have it. I figured Wile E. wouldn't care :)

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
wow. seven years.
you probably have a fortune of goodies buried in your yard then.

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
a bitersweet moment

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
bearsdad said:
a bitersweet moment
very much so, I cried when I put Midnite's leash on Rowdy the day I brought him home. Think of it as a gift from an old friend. :) :'(

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
I get that feeling when Buddy plays with Shadow's toys, or chews on one of her Nylabones. God, I still miss her so. :'(

·
Registered
10,345 Posts
I bet Wil E. is looking down with joy from the bridge that a new pup has found his way into your heart...Perhaps his way of sayin I'm still with ya.

·
Registered
10,307 Posts
Okay! I saw that picture and can't hold back. Thisis Hershey at 10 weeks and Lanie at 7 months. Which one do we love more?

[attachment deleted by admin]

·
Registered
7,052 Posts
Thanks, Linda. I wish I could have caught the one where she reached out both her hands on either side of his head and gave him a big french kiss. LOL

F

·
0 Posts
It was a gift from you're golden retriever to you're current dog ;)

And a little hint, of dont forget me ;)

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Raian ... Cappy joined our family when my Llewellin Setter, Duke, was 7 years old and sidelined with career ending cancer surgery. Even though he hadn't used them for years, Duke reluctantly (at first) shared some of his old toys with Cappy. But he put a paw down when it came to Cappy digging up some of Duke's old prime rib bones that he had buried in shrubs and other areas of the backyard. It seemed the more stink and slimey they were, the more Duke treasured them. Apparently dawgs relish "aged bones" as we do choice aged beef. ;)

buddysmom said:
Thanks, Linda. I wish I could have caught the one where she reached out both her hands on either side of his head and gave him a big french kiss. LOL
I've looked at that picture for a long time Monnie and I have to tell you, I've never seen a better example of a dawg looking INTO the heart and soul of a "wee one". Buddy is clearly doing so. What a remarkable image!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts