Just Labradors banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12,586 Posts
:'(

Bless their hearts. I feel horrible for the pain they must have been feeling.

I know how much it hurts - it can hurt so bad that you think you will never be able to heal. But I can't imagine committing suicide. There is always hope for things to get better, even when you hit rock bottom.

I just feel awful for them.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
I might assume this couple were Hindu and I believe there is a great deal more importance places on animals in that religion. Perhaps someone else might be able to better explain.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Me too..when we had to put our Rottweiler down at 12 years of age..my husband cried all the way home from the vets..and it was a long ride. He was devastated..Bear was more his dog..it just never gets easier.
Jackie

AngusFangus said:
:'(

Bless their hearts. I feel horrible for the pain they must have been feeling.

I know how much it hurts - it can hurt so bad that you think you will never be able to heal. But I can't imagine committing suicide. There is always hope for things to get better, even when you hit rock bottom.

I just feel awful for them.

·
Registered
4,364 Posts
Dukesdad said:
I might assume this couple were Hindu and I believe there is a great deal more importance places on animals in that religion. Perhaps someone else might be able to better explain.
I am a Hindu. And yes animals have a great deal of importance. But human life is valued even more. Suicide is a no no.

My guess the couple were simply devasted beyond what we can understand.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
That is very sad. I'm sure that there were other things going on in their life that lead to their suicide. Perhaps the death of their dog was the straw that broke the camel's back --obviously they just could not cope. That is a heartbreaking story.

·
Registered
7,913 Posts
Wow. What a sad story. I agree -- there has got to be something else going on there and maybe the death of their dog was the final nail in the coffin (no pun intended!)

·
Registered
10,345 Posts
There would have to be something else. I love Tal but would never consider suicide if something happened to him.

Loss of any family memeber is devastating. But you learn to cope and go on.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts