Just Labradors banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tonight I took Dozer for his first real walk (off the property now that he's fully vaccinated) and after he got over his inital excitement and we got into the groove he heeled on a flat collar. I am so proud of him! He tried to pick up some pinecones on the first way by so I told him "leave it" to each one, and he left them. On the way back home he didn't so much as glance at them.

Hooray!

So Proud!

And here I thought walking him was going to be a nightmare. He's so great. :D

·
Registered
4,276 Posts
good boy!!

Dozer is such a handsome boy. It is so funny to see them out on their first real walk, everything is so interesting to them. Good boy Dozer.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Dozer, I'm so proud of you! Now come over here and talk to Daisy, so we can use a flat collar too, instead of the gentle leader! :)

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks everyone.

Last night when I took him he was, again, a very good boy. He needed a little more correction, but there were a tonne more distractions. Another yellow lab, on the opposite side of the street, was interesting to look at. When we were almost done our walk we passed a house and out from the garage zipped two little dogs. I kept Dozer walking and only had to give him two little tugs telling him to leave it and he ignored them completely and kept walking. Fortunately my sister was with us and she stopped so the dogs would stop at her and not the road, and had she not been with me I would have stopped with Dozer. However, as it turned out, it was a good lesson for him. :D

He only spooked once and a half times. The 1/2 time was when there was a loud sprinkler (one of those ones that make the ch ch ch ch noise) and then there was another sprinkler, not on, and he didn't want to walk passed it. It only took about 5 seconds to get him to go, but this little 34 pound dog is heavy when he pulls on the leash.

Thank goodness he LIKES to listen to his mom (that and the fact he knows Mom has a pocket full of treats and if he's a good boy he gets one).

·
Registered
10,307 Posts
Good boy, Dozer! Obviously the result of good work by Labradorable.

Waiting with anxiety for the post following the first encounter with a rabbit or deer.<g>

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Waiting with anxiety for the post following the first encounter with a rabbit or deer.<g>
My anxiety or Dozer's? We're wilderness canoeists, there isn't much wildlife wise I get anxious about. Dozer, on the other hand, has yet to encounter a Moose or a beaver ...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts