Just Labradors banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Remember I told you a while back our neighbor's cat was screaming all night?

Well well. I learned what that was all about last night.

::)

Neighbor's little girl caught me as I was getting home. "Guess what I have? KITTENS!"

:-[

"Oh, where did you get kittens? I thought your cat was a boy cat?"

"He is, but I have a step-sister (the daughter of the guy who has just moved in with them). Her cat was pregnant and she had kittens! I'm gonna keep the orange one!"

Sigh.

So, there ya go. The screaming started about a month or two ago. I couldn't figure it out, because I knew their cat was a boy and couldn't think where the female cat was from.

Let's count what's living next door to me:

Two adults
Two children, three teenagers (Brady Bunch style)
One dog (not neutered)
Two cats (not neutered or spayed)
Five kittens (probably bound for the pound as soon as they'll take them)

:mad:

I am giving some serious thought to putting some spay/neuter information in their mail box. We have a program for low-income families to get services for free through the local Humane Association. Mom is on disability, New boyfriend, I dunno, maybe he works, maybe not.

Last year our local animal control put down almost 11,000 animals, most of whom were healthy and adoptable.

·
Registered
738 Posts
That's really too bad. You wouldn't believe how many people I have spoken to around here who won't spay their animals for fear of them getting fat!

·
Registered
12,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dysfunctional would be a step up for them. :-X

A couple of weeks ago, one Sunday morning we awoke to see someone's clothes all over the front yard. By the time we returned from church, there were two police cars in front of their house. Apparently live-in boyfriend who moved in with his teenagers a couple of months ago got the boot, and it took two cops to help them sort it out.

There was lots of drama, screaming, crying in the front yard. He packed his little car with his teenagers and what clothes would fit, leaving the rest in the front yard, and left.

We immediately started dreading what she would drag home next. :eek:

Two days later, live-in boyfriend was back. They were playing frisbee in the front yard. Mom made a wild throw and yelled gleefully to SU, "Get it! Get it!"

I guess she's back on her meds.

::) ::) ::)

J

·
0 Posts
AngusFangus said:
Dysfunctional would be a step up for them. :-X

Two days later, live-in boyfriend was back. They were playing frisbee in the front yard. Mom made a wild throw and yelled gleefully to SU, "Get it! Get it!"

I guess she's back on her meds.

::) ::) ::)
LOL!!!!! She sounds like a nut job......one thing about neighboors and family, you can't pick 'em so you just have to deal with them.

·
Registered
10,664 Posts
Dysfunctional families as neighbors ain't a bad thing. There really isn't decent TV programming. Your own neighbors can bring hours of entertainment, reality style.

"Bad boys, bad boys. Whatcha gonna do when they come for you......"

·
Registered
12,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
:D Funny!

But I have to say, I would much prefer a taped performance to live in this particular case.

J

·
0 Posts
AngusFangus said:

But I have to say, I would much prefer a taped performance to live in this particular case.
Well I think if they are ever on a episode of cops, you and Kevin should try and get in the shot. You know stand there shaking your heads. Of course your face will probably be blurred. ;D

·
Registered
12,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
BAHAHAHA!

Standing there shaking our heads - ROFL!

·
Registered
9,503 Posts
jakeysmom said:
AngusFangus said:

Well I think if they are ever on a episode of cops, you and Kevin should try and get in the shot. You know stand there shaking your heads. Of course your face will probably be blurred. ;D
lolololol...yea get in the shot! and have Simon doing his Tigger impression in the background :laugh:

·
Registered
12,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ROFLMBO!

Yeah, and they should blur Simon's face too. :D

J

·
0 Posts
Small Hijack:
Whenever I hear the name Simon, I think of Mike Myers in the bathtub. :p

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
AngusFangus said:

You might have a point there, Connie. Especially if the reality show takes a bad turn, Tudor-style. Now that is the EPITOME of a bad neighbor to me!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts