Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
6,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's -21C (-5F) here this morning. I have not braved the elements yet. I'm staying in!

How cold is it up there??

·
Registered
9,781 Posts
With the windchill, we've reached the great equalizer.. -40C/F =)

I'm glad my truck started.

·
Registered
9,629 Posts
Not Kel, but we are going down to -17C tonight here, and dropping daily til we hit -23 on Sunday, that's not including windchill.

That's 1.4F today, down to -9.4F on Sunday, for the Americans.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Again I ask. You live there, why? :crazy:

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
How do you get from your house to your vehicle - or anywhere for that matter - without getting immediate frostbite?

·
Registered
4,802 Posts
kelli said:
With the windchill, we've reached the great equalizer.. -40C/F =)

I'm glad my truck started.
you must have an engine block heater though, yes?

·
Registered
9,781 Posts
Momma to J and A said:
you must have an engine block heater though, yes?
Nope.. i always meant to get one.. but i have to say, -40 is NOT normal.. it's a bit on the extreme side.

It's not bad, really.. my truck ran for a good 25 minutes this morning, so it was warm.. you wear the appropriate clothing and you only go outside when you have to.. no walks for doggies.. but they don't mind going out in this to pee.. they just do it quickly =)

Although i have to say.. it's a little hard on the lungs at first.

·
Registered
21,482 Posts
I'm still freezing cold. Have a very old building for our office - most of the outside walls don't have insulation.

Going to go pour the coffee righ over myself.

Stay warm Kelli - tomorrows supposed to be even more fun.

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
The expected low tonight is supposed to be -22F. Last Tuesday the truck thermometer said -25F on the way to work. It was freaking cold!!!

Duke and Hunter were hopping up and down due to their paws getting cold. Hunter will not go outside without me, Duke runs to the nearest tree, pees, runs as fast as he can back into the house. The good thing is that they have not been bugging me to take them for a walk.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Robert, where are you again - Colorado? Or is that Jimbo I'm thinking of?
I don't think my truck thermometer is programmed to read -25F. :crazy: :crazy: It was 13F this morning and I thought that was pretty much unbearable.

·
Registered
29,548 Posts
I can't put mine out in the yard today b/c their feet freeze. :( According to my weather thingy on FB, it's colder here than where my friend lives in Switzerland. Sheesh. We're supposed to get up to a whopping 8° today.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
I can't put mine out in the yard today b/c their feet freeze.
It's supposed to be around 8 by the end of the week here. Will Mushers help their feet from freezing?

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
I live in Minnesota, just North of Minneapolis.

This is a guy I know that lives up near International Falls, right on the Canadian border. About 4 hours North of me

This is what he woke up to this morning, just to clarify, that is a minus in front of the 47

·
Registered
29,548 Posts
Kate2jays said:
I was on IM with my friend from Sault-ste-maie earlier, she said it was -24 with the windchill first thing this morning with 3 ft of snow in the yard~ :scare:
Anyone who lives in the Sault is crazy and deserves the weather up there. LOL The lady who has the mares and Toby is from the UP originally. She runs around without a hat on down here and thinks it's actually colder here due to all the moisture in the air.

Hunter said:
I live in Minnesota, just North of Minneapolis.

This is a guy I know that lives up near International Falls, right on the Canadian border. About 4 hours North of me

This is what he woke up to this morning, just to clarify, that is a minus in front of the 47

That's insane. What's the average summer temperature up there, do you know?

1 - 20 of 39 Posts