Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
11,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
and I was walking into the store. Behind me a woman and a young boy (maybe 5-6 yrs??) were walking in, too. A car drove by with a yellow Lab sticking it's head out the window.

The little boy goes "MOM! Look a golden retriever!" To which the mother responds "No, that's a yellow Lab!" And the boy goes "Aren't they the same thing?" :D

So cute! :)

·
Registered Users
10,466 Posts
:D He had an excuse. He's only a kid. Do you know how many grown ups have asked me if my pugs were bulldogs over the years? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
I'm impressed that the mother knew! I get so many "golden lab" or "white lab" or "some kind of retriever" comments it's unbelievable. LOL

·
Registered Users
10,466 Posts
Ditto. I also got into a discussion with an "expert" once who swore up hill and down that **** was an albino Lab.
That reminds me of the woman who tried to tell me Holly (my GSD) wasn't a German but a Belgian Shepherd. :D Ok, I agree, she does look like a Belgian with her long coat. I tried to tell her she was defiantly a long haired German but she was so damned adamant, I just thought, think what you like lady. :rolleyes: I didn't tell her she flunked police dog academy & if anyone was going to pick up on the fact she wasn't a pure GSD, it would have been a cop dog trainer. If they don't know the breed, WTH does? :confused:

·
Registered
10,719 Posts
I hate to be the one to break the bad news to you all, but the amount of folks how don't know diddly squat about things but like to act like they do are not just limited to the subject of dogs.:D

·
Registered Users
10,466 Posts
I hate to be the one to break the bad news to you all, but the amount of folks how don't know diddly squat about things but like to act like they do are not just limited to the subject of dogs.:D
Are you talking about anyone in particular mister? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
10,719 Posts
Are you talking about anyone in particular mister? :rolleyes:
Nope, the list of folks like that I've met over the years would be as thick as a phone book. I always get a laugh when someone tries to impress you by feeding you a line of pure BS.

·
Registered
13,130 Posts
Golden Lab is a big pet peeve of mine. I was at a library conference looking at the kids books (I was there as a vendor) and saw a dog book that said Golden Lab. Oi! The lady asked if I was interested in purchasing. I said no the information is incoorect. I told her there is no such thing as a Golden Lab. She tried to argue with me. I just said no thanks and moved on.

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
Talk about people not knowing the difference!! Neighbors across the street have had many dogs in their short tenure in the neighborhood. The other nite we were watching them trying to move a dog house that looked very heavy. They came over for DHs help and I asked them what kind of dog are they getting this time. And he says, one like yours! I said a yellow lab, and he said yes, but it's older and we shouldn't have any problems with it as it was my wife's from her previous marriage. Ok, we thought...I get home from work yesterday and DH says I saw the dog...it's an older, overweight, golden retriever!!! Not lab at all!!! Friggin people don't even know what they own!

·
Registered Users
10,466 Posts
Nope, the list of folks like that I've met over the years would be as thick as a phone book. I always get a laugh when someone tries to impress you by feeding you a line of pure BS.
I know what you mean. I've met/worked with my share of them.:mad:

Golden Lab is a big pet peeve of mine. I was at a library conference looking at the kids books (I was there as a vendor) and saw a dog book that said Golden Lab. Oi! The lady asked if I was interested in purchasing. I said no the information is incoorect. I told her there is no such thing as a Golden Lab. She tried to argue with me. I just said no thanks and moved on.
That's a major clue right there that the author doesn't know WTH he/she's talking about. Ignorant morons. :mad:

·
Registered
10,719 Posts
That's a major clue right there that the author doesn't know WTH he/she's talking about. Ignorant morons. :mad:
There's a lot of that around too, some of them write for newspapers.:D

But often when you point it out to folks they just say "well they can't know about everything." I've seen a lot of reports of .9mm pistols for one.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
8,376 Posts
My pet peeve is "Your brown dog can't be full lab. She's keplie x right?"

WTF NO! But they still argue with me that the breeder has lied to me and my pedigree papers are false. Grrr!

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Cool!

I had a kid at a campground yell to his Dad once that my dog, George, was a pitbull (which are not allowed at this particular facility).

The Dad came running out, laughed and said, "That's just a boxer...!"

·
Registered Users
10,466 Posts
My pet peeve is "Your brown dog can't be full lab. She's keplie x right?"

WTF NO! But they still argue with me that the breeder has lied to me and my pedigree papers are false. Grrr!
WHAT? You mean she's not a Kelpie X? :D Next time, tell them she's part Chihuahua (or some other stupid answer) & watch the look on their faces! :D

Cool!

I had a kid at a campground yell to his Dad once that my dog, George, was a pitbull (which are not allowed at this particular facility).

The Dad came running out, laughed and said, "That's just a boxer...!"
Now that was funny! :D

·
Registered
11,362 Posts
I can't even count how many people have asked if Brooklyn is a "long haired lab". WTF is that? Seriously. Look a her. She's a golden retriever! How can you not know what a golden retriever is? *shaking head in disbelief*

·
Registered
11,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I can't even count how many people have asked if Brooklyn is a "long haired lab". WTF is that? Seriously. Look a her. She's a golden retriever! How can you not know what a golden retriever is? *shaking head in disbelief*
It's especially weird because Goldens and Labs are two of the most popular breeds in the US. :confused:

·
Registered Users
10,466 Posts
But often when you point it out to folks they just say "well they can't know about everything." I've seen a lot of reports of .9mm pistols for one.:rolleyes:
That's understandable. The rest of the planet has known for years that most of you yanks wouldn't know the metric system if you fell over it. :D

Now if you had 3/8" pistols, I'm sure there wouldn't be so much confusion. :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts