Just Labradors banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
waiting to go on the grill. I decide to take some stuff upstairs & fill the cat's water while I'm up there. I come downstairs to find....

the steak sitting right where I left it. Not too surprising, really, as Caleb hasn't counter surfed since he was 6 months old (and just one time at that), but it hit me how much of a temptation I left him without meaning to.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
When I was a kid our 15 year old Beagle jumped up on the Dining room table...in front of company and made off with the Roast Beef! He'd never done anything like that before. I think he knew his time was limited and it was "now or never".

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
Good boy Caleb! I'm hoping Sammi is getting close to no more counter surfing, I did the same thing yesterday with a plate of chicken and was seriously shocked that nothing was touched! I still don't/won't quite trust her, maybe she just doesn't like chicken;)

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
Aww such a goood boyyy! Just for that you deserve a....ummm... a big juicy steak!!

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
My MY such a good lab. I think you deserve a piece of that steak.

Cinnamon doesn't counter surf but my dobie once ate a platter of fried chicken because mum left it on the edge of the dining room table. Now the other platters that were pushed into the middle were ok (she fried several chickens that day for a party). Katie knew she was not allowed to get up on the table but those she could reach just walking by were fair game in her humble opinion. She even took each piece over to her rug and ate it because that is where she ate her treats.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Now, I suspect he got a nibble of that steak, for being such a well behaved young man?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts