Just Labradors banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
13,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to return something and popped in The Childrens Place. They had shoes on sale for $4.99. As I am browsing for Makenna's size (which of course they didn't have) I saw a pair of shoes that someone had swapped for new ones. The lady working was pissed when she saw them. I understand times are tough. But geez.

·
Registered
13,489 Posts
You can go to the Good Will Store or a second hand shop and clothe your child for cheap, you don't have to go to a high end children's store and steal a pair of shoes.

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Now I am getting slammed for posting what I saw. Thx.
Actually it was the "but geez" part.. not what you saw.. your immediate judgement on someone's situation you know nothing about. Perhaps a little compassion of what someone else may be going through these days will fare you well.

And that wasn't slamming.. trust me..

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
Wait, wait, wait. Maybe the new shoes were paid for, mom let the kid wear them out of the store and simply left the old ones behind. Maybe?

·
Registered
12,170 Posts
Wait, wait, wait. Maybe the new shoes were paid for, mom let the kid wear them out of the store and simply left the old ones behind. Maybe?

Yep. Happens all the time. We used to do that when we got new tennis shoes. Perhaps the sales person forgot to put the old shoes away.

·
Registered
13,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

That's possible. They could have asked them to throw them out. They were in decent shape. I would have donated them. Thats just me though. I also pick the clothes up off the floor and put them back on the hangers though.

·
Registered
14,287 Posts
I pick things up too, but many don't. Sometimes the racks are a mess, especially during a sale. Hopefully it was just a case of the old shoes being left behind after new ones were purchased. I've let my girls were things out of the store plenty of times. usually though, if it is footwear, their shoes aren't quite trash-worthy when we are buying new, so i get the salesperson to bag the old ones for me and they wear the new. I have taken a child with a broken sandal strap in for new ones & left the old ones for them to throw away though.

·
Registered
8,070 Posts
If I have a pair of shoes that wears out within a season, I'll take them back to the store for replacement or credit. Maybe someone did that and the salesperson stupidly put them back on the rack, thinking someone might buy them for $4.99?

·
Registered
13,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
If I have a pair of shoes that wears out within a season, I'll take them back to the store for replacement or credit. Maybe someone did that and the salesperson stupidly put them back on the rack, thinking someone might buy them for $4.99?
Stores do that with shoes?

·
Registered
26,306 Posts
Well it's hard to say what really happened. Usually if my kid wanted to wear the new ones home we put the old ones in the box and left with them.

·
Registered
8,070 Posts
Stores do that with shoes?
OMG yes! My husband took back a pair of shoes to Aldo that were 2 years old and the sole cracked - and they gave him a credit for the last sale price towards a new pair - $60! I bought a pair of boots from Spring on-line and they fell apart after 3 months of about bi-weekly wear, so I took them back and got a store credit since they couldn't replace them. I got a much nicer pair from Naturalizer for the same price at an end-of-season sale!

If you are buying shoes that are regularly priced over $100, they better darn well last!

·
Registered
13,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
OMG yes! My husband took back a pair of shoes to Aldo that were 2 years old and the sole cracked - and they gave him a credit for the last sale price towards a new pair - $60! I bought a pair of boots from Spring on-line and they fell apart after 3 months of about bi-weekly wear, so I took them back and got a store credit since they couldn't replace them. I got a much nicer pair from Naturalizer for the same price at an end-of-season sale!

If you are buying shoes that are regularly priced over $100, they better darn well last!

Yep. I always say you get what you pay for. I buy most opf Makenna's shoes at Payless. She grows out of them too fast to buy her expensive shoes. She went through 3 sizes of sandals last summer.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts