Just Labradors banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
11,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is an Easter Egg Hunt for Dogs to raise $$ for the local dog park we are trying to get built. How fun is that going to be? There are going to be over 1,000 eggs filled with cookies and treats for the dogs....and movie passes and gift cards for the humans. It is going to be so much fun! I even got her an Easter Basket. :D

And before you ask, I considered bringing Remy, but then I looked at my insurance coverage for rotator cuff surgery and shoulder replacements and...well...maybe next time. ;)

·
Registered
10,307 Posts
Sounds like a lot of fun. Makes me wonder about some not so much fun possibilities. No food of any kind allowed in our dog parks. Food aggression, and the like. Hope evverything works ot as desired and no incidents, just fun.

·
Registered
11,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
We're back. Sorry no pics cuz I was single parenting the event. But it was a huge success. Tons of people there. Over 3,000 eggs and tons of biscuits scattered around the park. The eggs has biscuits and 10% off coupons for our local pet store. Dogs of all shapes and sizes. They had coffee & donuts and facepainting for the kids. It was a 10$ donation per dog and they are also selling shirts and sections of fence and benches. I really hope they can get this thing built this year.

Brooklyn had fun. We didnt find any eggs but she got lots off pets and compliments on how soft she is. And of course about what. A good girl she is. But we already knew that :)

·
Registered
11,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Glad it worked out to be so much fun. Is this a city park, neighborhhod, private????

I live in a large suburb of Hartford which is surprisingly not that dog friendly considering how many people in town own dogs. A few towns over from us opened a dog park and a lot of people were going there and meeting up and thinking "Hey...why don't we have our own dog park?" So we're trying to raise the money to build the thing now. (We donated for a section of fence that will have Remy & Brooklyn's name on it :D)

The issue we're running into is where to put the thing. There are several lots the committee is looking at, but the town council can't seem to agree on the thing. They're only about 1/2 way on the funds so we'll just have to wait and see.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.