Just Labradors banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,695 Posts
LOL. You're driving down the wrong side of the street. I love the Beach Boys.

·
Registered
10,307 Posts
I don't know if you were drunk along with the people that painted the lines on the road. Please! You are going to kill someone. Get on the right side of the road. And when you get home, call the people that paint the lines on the road and have them get out there to paint straight lines. Somebody needs to be fired for working while intoxicated.

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
Seems strange to be on the left side driving...... we had friends here last week, they are from Blackpool..... he said it doesn't bother him driving on the right side but at times he subconciously would get in the left lane !! good thing his wife was with him..... also, he brought his Satellite GpS with him, and it reminds him to drive on the right ......

·
Registered
10,307 Posts
I was in one of those British culture places in the 70s. Had to drive on the left. Did okay with it until I had to make a turn onto a different road. Subconsciously turned to the right lane every time. Then did this panic lane change when everything was coming at me.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
A few years back we had planned a driving vacation from London through Bath and then all the way down to the southwest through the moors to Lands End. Unfortunately just a couple of weeks before we were to fly over the hoof and mouth epidemic struck and closed down all of the B&B's we had booked. We had to reschedule for the next fall but didn't have the time for the drive so we just took a bus to Bath.
I did do a lot of reading on driving and would wake up many a night in a cold sweat when I tried to imagine making a right or left turn. Then I read about the Super Counterflow Roundabouts where traffic in the center circle goes one direction and traffic in the outer circle goes in the opposite direction and you have to hand a U turn around bollards that separate the two lanes.
http://www.roundabout.net/DIBcounterflow.html
I love the diagram in the link above. It gives one route for "tourist" and another route for the "pro" driver.
Luckily my book said there were only a few of these but on our way to Bath on the bus we went through one. Everybody in England should send me a thank note for NOT DRIVING. :D

·
Registered
417 Posts
Neat video. When I was in Japan I had to learn to drive on the right. It wasn't bad as long as I was going along with the other traffic but left turns messed with my mind. :)

·
Registered Users
10,466 Posts
Nice drive. Pity about your taste in music though. :p

When I was in the US, my Aunt wanted me to drive her car. I told her NO WAY! For starters, you guys drive on the wrong side of the road. :rolleyes: I yelled at her one day for running a red arrow at the lights. She told me to stop panicking. In CA they have this rule called "right on red" meaning if there's nothing coming, you can go. Weird! :eek:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts