Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
8,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
we think we have our Honeymoon Destinations sorted!

We're visiting 8 countries!!!!!! OMG I am so excited.

We'll be going to:
Germany (Berlin & Munich)
Belgium (Brussles)
France (Paris & Nice)
Spain (Barcelona & San Sebastian)
Italy (Rome, Venice & Florence)
Monaco
Greece (Athens, Mykonos and Santorini)
Thailand (Koh Samui)

Belgium and Monaco will be small day trips the rest will be 2 nights or more. We've got a 5 week timeframe. I even went and bought a Lonely Planet Western Europe Book tonight and plan to start reading it now! We can't officially book anything for another 2 months as it's too far away for airfare prices but we have a good estimate from our travel agent friend (David's Best Man's Wife is a senior consultant for a well-known travel agent) and we've come in way under budget thanks to some great deals she will be able to get and doing alot of rail travel through Europe and staying in some private rooms in Hostels in France, Germany and Italy.

Our Koh Samui resort is to die for! We have roughly locked in 5 nights there and it'll be our last stop before home so we want total luxury!

Here is the website for the hotel for Koh Samui: http://www.sixsenses.com/Six-Senses-Hideaway-Samui/

I'm done gushing now

·
Registered
14,287 Posts
That's pretty much exactly my dream vacation right there! You will have an a-mazing time. Take lots of pictures & video for us so that we can live vicariously through you. I would be jumping out of my skin excited! =)

·
Registered
8,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's pretty much exactly my dream vacation right there! You will have an a-mazing time. Take lots of pictures & video for us so that we can live vicariously through you. I would be jumping out of my skin excited! =)
Totally not going to sleep tonight T. I am so wired with excitement...... and I have 11 months to wait!!!!!!!! no! TOO LONG!! I WANT TO GO NOW!

·
Registered
8,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We've decided on 5 weeks STRAIGHT Colin! bwahaha..... Don't you love me! Maybe I can wave to your country from Belgium! Hi Colin!! While I'm enjoying amazing chocolate!

·
Registered
7,129 Posts
Very nice! I don't think I could take 5 weeks off...except for maybe maternity leave...bwahahahaha.

One thing you might want to consider--in Italy, visiting Sorrento and Capri. Absolutely beautiful--near Pompeii so they have black (volcanic) beaches. Pompeii is worth seeing, too. I went in 2000 so my itinerary is a little fuzzy but I think we were able to take a ferry from around that area to Athens. Mykonos and Santorini are absolutely amazing. If you go around a year from now I bet the weather will be really nice. We went a little later (May/June) and it was really hot....like 40C+ some days.

If you like ancient ruins, you might consider Olympia and Delphi...relatively near Athens and really amazing.

·
Registered
8,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ooh thanks for the tips Allie !!! I will write them down and check it out.

Anyone else with great Europe tips let me know!!!

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
You're taking a 5 WEEK honeymoon?! Holy crap. Good for you!!! :)

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
before the babies come!
So I take it you plan on getting pregnant right away? :D

You know, I love my husband more than anything in the world, and we love being together as much as possible....but for 5 weeks, 24/7? Yea, no. LOL

·
Registered Users
10,466 Posts
That is so cool! You'll be needing someone to carry all those bags for you. I'm just up the road you know. :D

You better behave yourselves in Thailand. I hear the Bangkok Hilton isn't too flash. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
8,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That is so cool! You'll be needing someone to carry all those bags for you. I'm just up the road you know. :D

You better behave yourselves in Thailand. I hear the Bangkok Hilton isn't too flash. :rolleyes:
lol nice one Garth hehe

·
Registered
8,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So I take it you plan on getting pregnant right away? :D

You know, I love my husband more than anything in the world, and we love being together as much as possible....but for 5 weeks, 24/7? Yea, no. LOL
I'll be almost 29 when we're married so babies aren't going to be far off no.

We have done 4 weeks leave together before in Cairns and QLD so it shouldnt be a problem. David is amazing to travel with. So calm and fun!

·
Registered
8,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
:eek: :eek:

I was thinking the same thing! Here in the US, most couples are lucky to take a week, perhaps 2 if they've got the $$$ & the vacation time to do that.
We get 4 weeks annual holiday leave per year. I have just taken 3 weeks off cause I have accumulated too much so I still have 3 of my 6 weeks left that I had and I will get another 4 between now and our wedding.

I guess I should count myself very lucky!

·
Registered
11,362 Posts
*picking jaw up off of desk*

5 weeks? 5 WEEKS!!!! Sarah that is awesome!!! I am green with jealousy! Your trip sounds amazing! I am so excited for you!!

So...when will we expect shipment of Milly?

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Color me green with envy! What a fabulous time you are going to have! :D Of course, we will expect loads of pictures, and you had better keep a diary so we can enjoy it all vicariously through you. Well, not all ... you know ... not that part ... well ... ;)

1 - 20 of 42 Posts