Just Labradors banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
12,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:D I do sometimes.

Tonight I was driving home and talking to Kevin, who was already home with the boys (hands-free bluetooth ;) ) Simon was barking like crazy, as he always does when we first get home.

I asked to speak with him. :D

Kevin gave him the phone and I said, "SIMON! Why are you barking like that? What is the matter with you?"

Kevin said his eyes got really wide and rolled back in his head. Then he started barking even more. :D

Ever do that? :p

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
I'm laughin' at that...that's so funny....picturing him prob'ly puzzled, wondering where the heck is she? I can hear her, but......

Nope, never talked to Tucker on the phone, but when I'm makin' a call, I'll put the phone up to his ear so he can hear it ringing.....he just looks at me like, what they hey, woman...... ::)

G

·
My kids do this -- if I'm out and call home, they'll put Sami on the phone. They claim she gets all wiggly ... but who knows!

·
Registered
16,129 Posts
Oh, boy, this is not something I'd ordinarily admit. But we're friends, right, and nobody's reading this, right?

Sometimes when I talk to SU I ask her to put Theo on. Then I issue commands like "sit" and "down." So far he's just stared at the phone and walked away. It would be so cool if that worked.

A friend of mine set up a webcam so he could check up on his greyhound during the day. Turned out the dog was sleeping on the couch while he was gone (which was verboten in their house). So he would call and leave messages on the answering machine: "DANCER! OFF! OFF THE COUCH! OFF!" I don't know if it actually worked. :D

·
Registered
12,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nathan, is this sort of like "The Voice of God" from the window? :D

I never thought to issue commands! I'll call tomorrow and see if that works! :D

·
Registered
16,129 Posts
AngusFangus said:
Nathan, is this sort of like "The Voice of God" from the window? :D

I never thought to issue commands! I'll call tomorrow and see if that works! :D
It worked much better from the upstairs window than on the phone. I imagine I don't sound much like me on the phone to him. But do an experiment and let us know if it works!

·
Registered
786 Posts
The few times I have tried, when I was on vacation without DH, my dogs ran away from the reciever in pure terror. But hey, my hubby had a great laugh.

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Haha, I have. Well, sorta. BF was watching Thor and I called and BF put me on speakerphone. I was talking to Thor and BF said that his ears perked right up and he was doing a head tilt listening to me! :)

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
Okay, I cop to this without any hesitation. When I was traveling for business 2 weeks ago, Lexi stayed with my parents.

The one night I talked to them and my mother is going "Lexi I am talking to Mommy!" She put the receiver up to her ear & I talked to her. Mom says her ears perked up and she got all happy wiggly.

I've also done this & let my parents or sister talk to her. Again her ears perk up & she starts looking around as if to say "OMG, where's _____?? I wanna play with them!"

·
Registered
5,915 Posts
i confess! both su and i have talked to the dogs via cell phone.
when one of us is home and the other is driving home, we call each other and chit chat a bit, and occassionally, we will bring the cell phone to one of the dog's ears, and say silly things to them.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
zoezoe said:
Yes, I have to admit; both SU and I have spoken to the dogs on the phone! :-\
Ditto..when SU is home and I call...i ask to speak to Dakota and Denali....they are puzzled where the sound is coming from....

G

·
I have done this. When I call Jerome he will put the phone on speaker phone. Mambo goes nuts. He starts running around the house barking and looking for me in the places I hide when we play hide-n-seek.

I also like messing with him by calling the house and leaving a message on the voice mail.

G

·
Yup! Maggie gets all wiggly and runs to the door looking for whoever is on the phone (me or hubby). It is pretty funny.

I wonder what they must think?

·
Registered
268 Posts
I have never talked to Cosmo and Neo on the phone but I have let my husband talk to them on the phone when he is away on a business trip. When Cosmo hears my husband's voice, he runs to the front window to look for him. Neo just tilts his head and listens.

·
Registered
6,666 Posts
Mostly SU will do this. Last week he worked later than usual, and the boys were sleeping in our front room waiting for him. He called and I put him on speaker phone to talk to them, and they jumped up, wagging and wagging. :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts