Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
11,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I called the lady back today and she said that it probably won't work out because I'm not going to be around for the 4th of July weekend.. :(

Whyyyy did I book a flight to Texas?! Gah. I'm mad at myself. And now I have to continue to work in that craphole of a place. :mad:

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
So you'd rather stay in a job you hate rather than take one that suits you better rather than me out $350? Seriously?

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
I know. And I've had this flight booked for months, before I even started working at the other place. GAH.
Check with the airline again and ask them if you cancel don't you have a year to use towards another flight? Even without the insurance, I believe you should.

·
Registered
10,636 Posts
So you'd rather stay in a job you hate rather than take one that suits you better rather than me out $350? Seriously?
That was my first thought. I'd rather take a $350 hit and be in a job I felt "safe" and happy in. I'd hate to have the next syringe connect with my ear.:eek:

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Gotta agree with them, Justine. I'd take the loss for the better job.

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
Gotta say I would of gone with the job also! 350.00 is probably less then one check, isn't it?:confused: If its not to late, I would be making a call ASAP, but thats just me! :)

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
I guess I have missed many posts about the current job. I would also cancel in a second to get a job that is stable.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
I'm sorry, and while that sucks, I would be cautious to cancel the flight. My gut feeling is that them not hiring you has little to do with this trip and is based more on concerns about your availability with your school schedule coming up next year. You said that many people were interviewing for this position, right? Unfortunately, I sometimes conduct interviews where I work, so I know what employers are looking for. Especially right now with the economy, companies want to hire few people that are the best suited for the company, esp as far as availability goes. If we have a group of applicants including one college student with decent availability for the summer that will soon change to limited availability for the school year vs someone who is not in school with open availability year-round, you can guess who we're going to pick. Just my two cents there. Sorry you're disappointed, but keep looking around - you'll find something else. :) Put in applications everywhere, and be persistent.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts