Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
13,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My granny died a few years back, and had this wonderful mink coat. It's absolutely gorgeous. However, granny was a petite lady, and us girls aren't. The coat wouldn't fit any of us. So instead, my mom has been searching for someone to turn the coat into teddy bears, so all 5 of us grankids could have a little memento.

Mom just called to say the bears are done and look fabulous. I'll post a pic when I get home if I can remember.

The initial you see on my bear is D - which stands for Drucilla, which was my granny's name. As you know, a fur coat typically has the owner's initials sewn inside - I got one of 3 initials in my granny's coat, my brother got one, and my eldest cousin got the other. (my mom paid for the bears so she felt us kids should get first pic LOL)

The bears are Canadian made by a lovely woman in Mooretown, Ontario. Mom didnt' tell me how much it cost to have it done. Oh, the name on the back of the bear is AppleWhite Bears, Mooretown.

·
Registered
11,079 Posts
Re: So - a happy ending to a fur coat I must say

That was a wonderful idea. This way you all get a momento instead of deciding who get the fur coat. Kudos to your mom.

·
Registered
4,419 Posts

VERY good idea ! Can't wait to see them

Melissa
;)

·
Registered
28,830 Posts

VERY cool! I hope we get to see pictures of them. What a super idea!

·
Registered
23,457 Posts

I have heard of that but never knew anyone who actually had it done. Can't wait to see the pics!

·
Registered
4,144 Posts

That's an awesome idea; I bet it'll make awesome teddys!

·
Registered
9,781 Posts

I have this gorgeous mink coat that belonged to my grandmother, but i don't know wtf to do with it. I can't wear it, totally taboo.. so it just sits there.. in my closet.. year after year..

·
Registered
2,694 Posts

Wow! What a cool idea to make teddy bears. Definitly post pics when they are done, don't forget!

·
Registered
4,802 Posts

kelli said:
I have this gorgeous mink coat that belonged to my grandmother, but i don't know wtf to do with it. I can't wear it, totally taboo.. so it just sits there.. in my closet.. year after year..
I also inherited a fur from my grandmother. You know what? I wear it. I love it. I wear it to anything in the winter that involves dressing up. I love it. It is soft and warm and no one has ever thrown red paint at me. If they did, me and my coat would kick their ass.

TangerineFizz said:
My granny died a few years back, and had this wonderful mink coat. It's absolutely gorgeous. However, granny was a petite lady, and us girls aren't. The coat wouldn't fit any of us. So instead, my mom has been searching for someone to turn the coat into teddy bears, so all 5 of us grankids could have a little memento.

Mom just called to say the bears are done and look fabulous. I'll post a pic when I get home if I can remember.
This is SO COOL and a great use of the fur. I can't wait for pics. :)

·
Registered
13,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Kelli, you know what's funny? I would have worn this **** thing everywhere if it had fit. I loved the crap out of that mink coat. Maybe you can just wear it around the house? Or when a cute boy comes over you can greet him wearing it, and only it? LOL

·
Registered
9,781 Posts

hmm.. i wonder if i wore it with track pants and sorels around walmart if people would assume it's fake?

·
Registered
4,802 Posts

TangerineFizz said:
Or when a cute boy comes over you can greet him wearing it, and only it? LOL
I will admit that few things feel nicer than wearing fur and nothing else. :)

·
Registered
9,503 Posts

Karina what an awesome idea! Your Mom rocks. Can't wait to see the picture of your teddy...
Just make sure to keep it farrrrr away from the labs! :eek:

·
Registered
13,418 Posts

TangerineFizz said:
Or when a cute boy comes over you can greet him wearing it, and only it? LOL
Makes me wish I had a mink coat. Oh wait, I'd need a cute boy, too. Nevermind.

And that is an awesome idea about the teddy bears!

·
0 Posts

Aww, that is so sweet!! Can't wait to see the pictures. ;D

·
Registered
8,752 Posts

What a great idea!! :D

Boy, the girls are going to think it's a decadent new stuffie for them!! ;)

·
Registered
13,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

The initial you see on my bear is D - which stands for Drucilla, which was my granny's name. As you know, a fur coat typically has the owner's initials sewn inside - I got one of 3 initials in my granny's coat, my brother got one, and my eldest cousin got the other. (my mom paid for the bears so she felt us kids should get first pic LOL)

The bears are Canadian made by a lovely woman in Mooretown, Ontario. Mom didnt' tell me how much it cost to have it done. Oh, the name on the back of the bear is AppleWhite Bears, Mooretown.

·
Registered
6,788 Posts
Re: So - a happy ending to a fur coat I must say (Updated with Pics at bottom n

How wonderful! What a great idea.

My aunt had angels made out of my grandmothers housecoat. Not nearly as nice as a mink coat. Plus I asked my mom who got the ass part?? I don't want an angel made out of material that touched my grandmothers ass. That's nasty.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts