Just Labradors banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We couldn't have asked for nicer weather! Trails were decent, not too many people. I loved where we went (Voyagaire Lodge, Crane Lake, MN) for the simple fact no tvs, no radios, no phones!!! I was loving it but DH was disappointed. I told him, just the two of us alone together and NOTHING to bother us and now we have to focus on each other!!! He didn't like that thought too much, but it was good! And the bed...LOL...OMG...DH is 6'4" and here we were trying to sleep on a standard lumpy bed. Suffice to say we did not get much decent sleep. Saw cow moose, deer, and a wolf!!! That was awesome!

http://s53.photobucket.com/albums/g42/ThundersMom/Snowmobile%202%208%2009/

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
I told him, just the two of us alone together and NOTHING to bother us and now we have to focus on each other!!! He didn't like that thought too much, but it was good!
Why didn't he like that? Was he jonesing with to phone or TV? :laugh:

Great pics!!! Looks like fun!

·
Registered
13,130 Posts
That looks like fun. I have not been on a snowmobile in years. SU wants one. I told him toys now have to be for the whole family not just him.

·
Registered
13,489 Posts
Awesome pictures! I'm jealous.
jzgrlduff said:
I told him, just the two of us alone together and NOTHING to bother us and now we have to focus on each other!!! He didn't like that thought too much, but it was good!

That's why I love going to our camp. No TV's, radios, phones, cell phones won't even work there. No traffic, nothing but us and nature and the dogs.

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
"Welcome to the End of the Road" I love that sign!!! Also hate that road when it is snowing, not to mention it takes forever to get to the end of the road.

Looks like you guys had a great time, good thing about their not being a lot of people to tear up the trails. And you saw a Moose! Hoping we will see a one this year. The only thing I have see up there is a ton of deer and one Wolf.

Great picture of the Cliff and you, really puts thing in perspective up there. That area is huge. Did you guys make it over to Kettle Falls? Just wondering if the trail is open to the water fall.

I told you the rooms were nothing special - LOL. The room is only for sleeping anyway, either riding or in the bar. LOL on the room pics, cause we had a party in that room last year.

YOU MADE TO ASH-KA-NAM!!! Did you see the Yellow Lab curled up on the couch in front of the fireplace inside the bar? Last year he was curled up on the couch snoring away, even though there was about 25 people eating and drinking.

How were the trails, well groomed? We will be up there in about a week, just hope the warm weather stays away. I see gas prices are not that bad, last year we paid $5 a gallon at some places. Did your husband find any deep snow to ride in?

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
joflake said:
Awesome pictures! I'm jealous.
jzgrlduff said:

That's why I love going to our camp. No TV's, radios, phones, cell phones won't even work there. No traffic, nothing but us and nature and the dogs.
He's lost without TV or cell phone!!! Me, I can do without!!! :laugh:

Hunter said:
"Welcome to the End of the Road" I love that sign!!! Also hate that road when it is snowing, not to mention it takes forever to get to the end of the road.

Looks like you guys had a great time, good thing about their not being a lot of people to tear up the trails. And you saw a Moose! Hoping we will see a one this year. The only thing I have see up there is a ton of deer and one Wolf.

Great picture of the Cliff and you, really puts thing in perspective up there. That area is huge. Did you guys make it over to Kettle Falls? Just wondering if the trail is open to the water fall.

I told you the rooms were nothing special - LOL. The room is only for sleeping anyway, either riding or in the bar. LOL on the room pics, cause we had a party in that room last year.

YOU MADE TO ASH-KA-NAM!!! Did you see the Yellow Lab curled up on the couch in front of the fireplace inside the bar? Last year he was curled up on the couch snoring away, even though there was about 25 people eating and drinking.

How were the trails, well groomed? We will be up there in about a week, just hope the warm weather stays away. I see gas prices are not that bad, last year we paid $5 a gallon at some places. Did your husband find any deep snow to ride in?
We were in Room 2, right by the stairs. The beds were awful...LOL

Didn't see the yellow lab at Ash Ka Nam, too many people! Didn't find the waterfalls. :(

Gas at Voyagaire was $2.24, Jim said he was the cheapest around and he was. (VERY nice guy!)

He found some snow...if the weather here is like this up there, the trails will S U C K!!! Most of the trails were decent, but there were some snurt spots and those will definitely be muddy!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts