Just Labradors banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8,376 Posts
Pitchurs of Hoppy please!!!!!!!!! :)

I LOVE his confuzzled looks at the Dock Diving. If you have no new ones just repost them ones. They are great!!

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
Oh my! Hoppy and I are so flattered that you're asking about him. He is doing FANTASTIC! His weight is down to 76.5 lbs. That's a loss of 9 pounds!! His goal weight is/was 75 pounds, so we're right at it.

He looks fantastic. He's showing so much more energy. When we go out for Sally and Spud's daily retrieving/chuck-it exercises, he runs much more with them. He actually comes back with his tongue hanging out and panting now! He's still not retrieving, but we continue to work on that.

A little funny Hoppy story here. The other day, I had the three dogs down at the lake for just a fun time. No dock diving practice, just fun water retrieving. Well, Hoppy stays right with the other two....follows them everywhere. Runs with them....wants to play constantly.

So, we were all up on the dock and I threw the wubba for Spud, and he jumped in and swam off after it. Then Sally's turn, and she jumps in and swims off.

Now, Hoppy is jumping all around so excited because they were excited, he actually fell in the water off the dock! He went in head first all the way down under the water. At first, I was a little alarmed because I've never seen him go in the water, but he came right back up and actually swam very well....looked good in the water!! I was so proud of him.

Then a little later, he went in again when Sally knocked him off the dock as she was going in. Again, he came up swimming. I would have given anything if someone had have been there with a camera or video camera. But it all happened too fast for me to use my phone cam.

Anyway, here are some photos of that sweet boy. I don't know if I've posted any of them before.

The first one is from our daycare website. They post pics of the dogs on their blog. This was Spud and Hoppy one of the days Sally was at her field training seminar.Hoppy LOVES to cuddle up with Spud!

This is also from our daycare. They take Hoppy on power walks for us to help with his weight loss. They always put a loaded backpack on him. Sometimes they even roller blade with him.

The three dogs after our last event. One of these days, we're going to have a pic with medals around Hoppy's neck!

This is Spud and Hoppy sleeping in the motel room in Charleston (our last event). They love snuggling on the bedspread down on the floor.

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Hoppy is such a handsome boy, and a great addition to Sally and Spud! I'm sure it won't be long before Hoppy is proudly showing off his medals, too. :) I love the pic of Spud and Hoppy snuggling.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.