Just Labradors banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We got a dusting. Maybe half inch.

I got a call from an applicant today confirming her appointment for 11.30 and if we were open because of the snow.............

Some Delawareans are wimps.

·
Registered
13,524 Posts
I live in MI, but work for a company that is based in Atlanta. Every fall we get an e-mail explaining the procedure for inclement weather. "When winter weather strikes, call this number to see if the office is open . . . " It always makes me laugh! I work from home and am not affected, but when I worked for a company in Michigan the rule was: If the State of Michigan closes, then stay home. If they are working, so are we. We never closed for weather!

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
I am also in Michigan. Our company does not close for weather, either, though there have been a couple of times when they should have. When it's too dangerous to drive and the police and counties are telling you to stay off the roads, they should not expect you to drive in anyway.

·
Registered
10,664 Posts
I live in the lake effect snow region of Upstate New York but I travel to NYC/New Jersey everyweek for business. I always get a kick out the different attitudes toward snow.

I will clear my driveway of 8 inches of snow,brush of the car and head to NYC. It's a common activity in the winter. 4 hours later I'll enter NJ and traffic will come to a halt people are panicking and businesses are closing early because a whopping 1/2 inch of the whitestuff.

If we were to shut everything down in our area for any snowfall greater than one inch..........well we might as well hang a sign saying"Closed until spring"

1 - 6 of 6 Posts