Just Labradors banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can you smell it? I have a pot of 15-bean soup, with a meaty ham bone in it, simmering on the stove. :hungry: The smells are wafting through the house. It will be ready about 3:00 pm, with corn bread, if anyone would like to join us. There's enough to go around!

I'm sorry, Glen, but it will be cornbread from a mix. :(

·
Registered
22,832 Posts
That sounds good. Don't you just love when you cook & your house smells good? I am making spaghetti today & the sauce is starting to make the house smell like an Italian restaurant. :hungry:

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
AmazonGold said:
Can you smell it? I have a pot of 15-bean soup, with a meaty ham bone in it, simmering on the stove. :hungry: The smells are wafting through the house. It will be ready about 3:00 pm, with corn bread, if anyone would like to join us. There's enough to go around!

I'm sorry, Glen, but it will be cornbread from a mix. :(
She, don't let Storyteller know you are havin' cornbread. ;)

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
We had the same thing last Sunday and it was so good! Now I'm going to have to go throw some soup fixings in the old crock pot!! Yummy :happy:

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
georgie said:
That sounds good. Don't you just love when you cook & your house smells good? I am making spaghetti today & the sauce is starting to make the house smell like an Italian restaurant. :hungry:
Oh yeah! I think tomorrow I am going to try a low-carb bread mix I found for the bread machine. Love the smell of bread baking! :hungry:

·
Registered
11,079 Posts
So that's what that great smell is? If you were within driving distance, I'd be right over. I think I'll be making lentil soup later.

·
Registered
13,418 Posts
mmmmmmmmmm!

it was so nice and warm yesterday and today it's back to being cold and windy. i wish i had the ingredients to make soup. i love turkey and rice soup(first time i had it was in the UP. :D)

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
Mmmm sounds good! We had roasted fish with mustard sauce :happy:

I'll be over for lunch tomorrow for leftovers okay?

·
Registered
11,079 Posts
Just curious. Do you ever count the beans to see if there are really 15 types? :suspious:

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Rangermom said:
Just curious. Do you ever count the beans to see if there are really 15 types? :suspious:
LMBO - once I did, when i bought a mix, and there were 15 different ones. :embarrass: I usually make up my own mix, when I can find the beans. It ends up being between 12 and 15.

·
Registered
11,079 Posts
LMBO - once I did, when i bought a mix, and there were 15 different ones.
Well now I can sleep peacefully, rather than ponder this and other deep thoughts.

I usually make up my own mix, when I can find the beans. It ends up being between 12 and 15.
That a lotta beans, there. It sounds absolutely delicious.

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
AmazonGold said:
Rangermom said:
LMBO - once I did, when i bought a mix, and there were 15 different ones. :embarrass: I usually make up my own mix, when I can find the beans. It ends up being between 12 and 15.
:laugh: :laugh: My 15 bean soup usually ends up being 14, I really don't like lima beans so I take out any I can find when rinsing them! :laugh:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts