Just Labradors banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kristin, our 6 y.o., graduated Kindergarten today. She sang her li'l heart out: Take God's love deep into your heart! Save a little piece and PASS IT ALONG!!

Adorably cute.

The program listed what the kids wanted to be when they grew up. Lotsa veterinarians, pediatricians, police officers. Kristin wants to be an actress. I'm thinking she wins her Tony first and then makes the hop to movies, nabbing an Oscar a few years later.

Interesting career choices: Animal Saver (rescue, I guess?), Race Car Driver, Army Man, Horseback Rider.

Career choices I absolutely loved: Diva, Storm Trooper.

Career choice that made me wonder about the kid who said it: Prison Guard. Sorta Quentin Tarantino-ish, no?

·
Registered
10,664 Posts
dweck said:
Career choice that made me wonder about the kid who said it: Prison Guard. Sorta Quentin Tarantino-ish, no?
NYS Corrections officer salary avg. 60k with state bennies. Retirement after 25 years service with 85% pay based on your last 3 years salary. If you work 3 years of massive overtime you can retire at 43 years old with 65K a year salary.

Darn brother in law!

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
LOL @ diva!! ;D

Congrats to your little actress!!

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
labs4life said:
dweck said:
NYS Corrections officer salary avg. 60k with state bennies. Retirement after 25 years service with 85% pay based on your last 3 years salary. If you work 3 years of massive overtime you can retire at 43 years old with 65K a year salary.

Darn brother in law!
One little boy listed "Plumber." I leaned into SU and whispered: "He'll out-earn the rest of them in spades!!"

·
Registered
10,664 Posts
Congrats on the kindy garten graduation! Strange how the allergies kick in at the oddest moments. ;)

·
Registered
16,472 Posts
Congratulations, Kristin!
Your little actress is very adorable.

·
Registered
9,503 Posts
Awwwww... Congrats Kristin!

Now just remember, Kristin...1st grade starts the beginning of your PERMANENT RECORD!!! So just mind your p's and q's for the next 12 years lol

Any pics Dan? I think your Kristin is a little doll.
DOH...never mind ... I see you added one. I LOVE the school pics in their uniforms.

B

·
0 Posts
OMG is she adorable or what? I can see her in a few years, accepting that first Tony, then on to the Oscars...

Our 5th grade teacher had us write a little essay describing what we wanted to be growing up and then mailed it to us when we graduated. Was pretty interesting to get a picture of our little selves from way back when.

·
Registered
4,020 Posts
Dan I love the whole career thing, My now 15 yr old wanted to be "a green brother dog" well at age 7 he became a brother but is still human (at least as human as any teen!) My now 8 yr old wanted to be a "cop but after I kill the bad guys I'll be a priest"

1 - 15 of 15 Posts