1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
oof.

About a foot over the wknd.

About 2 feet yesterday.

And we have no snowblower. So we're shoveling by hand.

I'd like to take that damnable groundhog and stab him with an icicle........

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
Dan,

Let me know when you want to do this, I hold the hairy little bugger for you!!!

But, I do sympathize with you, I had to shovel my driveway too.

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
I'll take a stab at Phil also. I am shoveling also....1,000 foot driveway...my snowblower will not start (not sure I can pull start things anymore, an electric start goes on it for next year.....As IT WILL NOT snow like this again this year!

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There's snow showers forcast for Tuesday according to weather.com
<<removes mittens from blistered hands; softly weeps into them>>

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Don't worry about the snow Monday into Tuesday, it's just a measly clipper system!!

Meanwhile, WTH is wrong with you people?! Don't shovel if you have 4WD, just bust right through it like we do. :D

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
Why do so many people not own snowblowers? If it snows every year, wouldn't it be the most life-saving (sometimes literally), investment ever?

And as I like to say, you don't have to shovel sunshine. :)

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
It was tough going with the snow blowers this morning. SU had a hard time because it was very heavy and coated with ice. Just lovely.

Yesterday I was taken home in a F250 4 wheel super duper very tall truck- needed a ldder to get in and out of it - and it was skidding all over the road.

This morning though it was very slushy, it was okay driving..

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
I think snowblowers are obnoxious. I watched my neighbor blow his driveway 5 times yesterday...and he blew it all in the other neighbors yard/driveway. Nice.

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Frankly, a snowblower is not in our budget. We also have no storage for one.

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
Frankly, a snowblower is not in our budget. We also have no storage for one.
If I lived in that weather, I'd sell one of the kids and store the blower in their old room.

As a lifelong Californian, I can't even fathom what it's like to have to deal with those conditions.

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
As a lifelong Californian, I can't even fathom what it's like to have to deal with those conditions.
I can't fathom having never experienced snow!! I love my 4 seasons!!

·
Registered
11,079 Posts
Well, being a neighbor to Dan, it usually doesn't snow this much here. It is a record breaking season. Usually if we get one storm with 6in, that's a lot of snow.

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
We have a behemoth (hmmm.... that doesn't look right) snowblower that we went in on with three other neighbors. It's awesome. And it shouldn't blow into someone else's driveway unless they're really close together - maybe their yard, but who cares - already snow-covered.

We both have 4WD but still clear the driveway, even when we had to shovel. When you pack it down by driving on it, it gets really slick - it's a safety hazard, especially for someone as clumsy as me. Plus if you have sidewalks you're required to clear them anyway.

My dad has a Rhino with a plow attachment. He plows the whole street. Mom says what he's really doing is playing in the snow. =)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts