Just Labradors banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever go there, stay there, or live near there???
My dad and step mom just got a condo there for next
Feb. for about 6 weeks and I was just wondering if
anyone here likes it there???

J

·
0 Posts
Did you mean New Smyrna Beach? New Smyrna Beach is just south of Daytona Beach. My son has relatives in Port Orange which is just inland from Daytona Beach. Nice big beaches. In Daytona Beach, they park right on the beach...not sure if they do that in New Smyrna or not.

We live over on the Gulf side but it is nice over there. You can drive down to Kennedy Space Center or further down to Coco Beach. Plus only about an hour drive to Orlando and all the Disney stuff there. Or drive north to St. Augustine. :)

Here's a webcam for New Smyrna Beach from the Volusia County website. http://volusia.org/beach/smyrna.htm

·
Registered
5,268 Posts
I went many, many moons ago.....like 20 years. From what I remember, it was beautiful - blue water and wide open beaches (lots of space between the sand and water).

·
Registered
21 Posts
If it is New smyna beach, they have a really great dog beach there called smyrna dunes park, have to keep dogs on leashes though, but its real nice Foster loves it there they have a doggie shower on the way out and water so if you do go pack some water with you its a bit of a haul to the beach from parking area but worth it!

Have Fun!

Karyn & Foster

·
Registered
108 Posts
New Smyrna is GREAT! Used to drive up there from Coco Coco in college. We'd go to CC for spring break, and always drive up to NSB for a day... beautiful beaches... and you drive on them which was really strange for me!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts