Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A 20-something woman sits directly across from me. We have low cubicle walls that are about 4 ft high -- when we sit, I am basically staring right in her eyes.

She's engaged to a designer who sits across the room. But he drifts over here about 30x per day to talk, borrow a tissue, bring her sugar for her coffee, read her e-mails, etc. etc. etc. And at every departure, he's giving her these toe-curling kisses.

It's making me sick.

The soundtrack alone is nauseating; "SMAKKK - SKOOSH - MFFNFNFNF - SCHLURP - SKEEJ - FLURTSCH..." I don't know where to look, what to do, how to react. I end up staring at my computer screen, but frankly, it's really bothering me. I'm thrilled that they're so in love, but that, to me, is inappropriate behavior at work.

I hate to raise a ruckus by formally complaining. I work too close to this woman to have things be uncomfortable.

But it makes me want to do something inappropriate back, like belch or start clipping my toenails. Maybe that's the solution: PING - PING - PING!!

·
Registered
268 Posts
Wow! That is very unprofessional of them!

I think that you have the right idea. Belch or maybe even fart loudly when they start kissing.

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did that once when he was massaging her shoulders. I didn't know they were engaged and thought they were just being inappropriate... They just laughed it off.

Wait, they WERE being inappropriate! :mad:

·
Registered
12,928 Posts
bearsmomma said:
Get out the popcorn and slurp a drink next time. ;)
LOL!!!

Maybe stand up and stare at them...maybe they will get the message. Other than that, I'd just say, okay guys, I'm so glad you are in love and all that good stuff but could we save the hot stuff for after work.

·
Registered
3,782 Posts
Ask them if they would like to hook up later. All their kissing has got you hot and bothered and wanna join.
Maybe you could video tape it one day and sell it and make alot of money.
Tell her that someone has a crush on her man, wink while saying it.
Just start moaning and when they finish, tell them you werent done yet.

P

·
0 Posts
Oh, I know

Tell them they should charge for their little peep shows!!!

I bet they still wouldn't get it.......

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
Couldn't you just go up to the two of them and tell them that this is inappropriate at work? Tell them you're happy for them but that it's really not the place for it.

She's young enough that she may just need a reality check.

All of this assumes you don't have a secret work-crush on her and you're not just jealous. She doesn't look like your beloved Claire, does she?

·
Registered
16,129 Posts
Golfgirlrobin said:
All of this assumes you don't have a secret work-crush on her and you're not just jealous. She doesn't look like your beloved Claire, does she?
*snick*

You could also stand up, leer, jingle your change in your pocket, and say, "Oooooohhhh, yeahhhhh..."

·
Registered
4,802 Posts
dweck said:
I hate to raise a ruckus by formally complaining. I work too close to this woman to have things be uncomfortable.
Well, I don't know her (obviously), but if it were me, I would tell her just that. That you don't want to make a mess by filing a formal complaint, but that that level of affection in you working environment is offensive/inappropriate/makes you want to hurl/makes you hot and bothered (insert whichever is most appropriate in your circumstance).

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
theoconbrio said:
You could also stand up, leer, jingle your change in your pocket, and say, "Oooooohhhh, yeahhhhh..."
Oh yeah

·
Registered
13,418 Posts
How about a wolf whistle and "Let's see some skin. I want my money's worth." :laugh:

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
There always the ever popular "get a room" comment.

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
theoconbrio said:
Golfgirlrobin said:
*snick*

Giggggity!

1 - 20 of 67 Posts