Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
14,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Smells good enough to wake you up from a dead sleep

I just made a dozen homemade cinnamon buns for tomorrow. About 5 minutes after they came out of the oven, both kids were at the top of the stairs, having been sound asleep for over an hour, asking what smells so good. :D

·
Registered
13,529 Posts
OH i hated when my dad did that to me! You'd be in bed and just have to get up to find out what it was!!

**** you T! now I want to bake some!

·
Registered
14,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OH i hated when my dad did that to me! You'd be in bed and just have to get up to find out what it was!!

**** you T! now I want to bake some!
I know, K. I try not to bake too close to bedtime so they won't be asking to eat it so close to going to sleep. I figured they had been out cold for a while, so I was safe. Guess not! Olivia is a total foodie like me, and one of our tricks is (was) to wait til they go to bed on special days when we have "grown up" suppers...grilled lobster tails, etc. Well one night when we though they were alseep for the night, Steve came home with this amazing spicy Thai food. We had just started our late supper, when who comes downstairs but Olivia. "Why are you guys hiding the good food?"
LOL!

·
Registered
8,070 Posts
MMMMMMMMMMMMM!

I'm home today with a nasty stomach bug, and really can't imagine eating anything but buttered toast... except now for cinnamon buns!

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Mmmmmmmmmm..................nothing beats that smell!

What time do your girls go to bed? Just curious since you posted that at 8:41 lastnight.

·
Registered
14,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Mmmmmmmmmm..................nothing beats that smell!

What time do your girls go to bed? Just curious since you posted that at 8:41 lastnight.
On school nights they are usually in bed by 7:30-8pm, but they were up the night before late at my FIL's birthday party, so they bonked out early. It was about 7pm when they called it quits. =)

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Wow! Good for them!! I remember being about 5 and my sister and I had to be in bed by 7:00. I sat there awake for hours, picking at the felt wallpaper on the wall.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
but Anna reads aloud... with character voices.
Imaginative little one, huh? :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts