Just Labradors banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I though I would post a little update on Smeagol's seizure from last week. The test results from all the labs are back and I finally got to talk to the doctor this morning and get the whole story. They ran a full chem panel and bileacid (sp?) test, the chem panel was all normal but the values from the bileacid came back high. She said that indicated some type of liver function problem most likley either a liver shunt or microvascular displasia. She said their are tests to confirm one or the other but they would need to be done at a vet hospital the closest is in TN. They are recommending a special food that's easy on the liver and Flagyl and Latulose medications for 6 weeks then they will check the values again and go from there. She didn't think it was epilepsey because of his age (he's 5 1/2) and because of the elevated levels. He's also on Pheno but they said just to give it to him for a week so he'll be done with it on Wednesday.

Hopefully it won't happen again and the levels will even back out.

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks he acts fine now I just hope it was a one time thing or at least doens't happen often at all. Hopefully the new food and meds get the levels down too so we can get off the meds at least.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Hopefully it won't happen again and the levels will even back out.
Prayers that it does, Barb! Poor little guy.....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.