Just Labradors banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry I don't usually b*ch but I need to b*ch. Our city sucks!! Yesterday i called the school board. They have not cut the grass in any of the schoolyards since before school ended. The grass/weeds are up the daycare kids knees and my Buck's chest. He was stung by something yesterday. Between his toe. No limping, no swelling, he's just lick lick licking. I made an appointment with vet. Sometimes our only options are to visit the playgrounds and walking through the schoolyard is the only way to get there. It has been too cool to visit the splashpad and the Childrens Discovery Center is closed to the public for the summer to accomodate only daycampers, wtf? Our limited activities are too limited. Thanks for letting me vent.

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
I understand your frustration. A couple of years ago the grass and weeds along the city easements became so high you couldn't see over or around them to make a safe left or right turn in your car. I guess they got enough calls from people that they finally took care of it and it hasn't been a problem since.

Start making phonecalls, Justine. Get the kids' parents to call, too.

Good luck!

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
I understand your frustration...that sucks!

Regarding the paws...I would wash his paws...it might be pollen or some other allergen irritating him...when Tucker licks, I wash and it usually helps a lot.

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Definitely involve all the parents. The more voices you have to add strength to the complaint, the sooner you will get results.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts