Just Labradors banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so my windows leak like crazy and I've tried everything I can to seal them up.. I got the shrink-wrap stuff which is kind of helping but my apartment is still pretty cold, especially my room. I have the heat set around 65 most of the time, which is fine for the rest of the house but my bedroom is always cold.

That said, I'm looking to get an inexpensive small space heater to use in my room when I am there.. only for small periods of time and NOT when I'm sleeping.

When I lived at home, our basement was always freezing so we had tried a few different kind.. the tall tower ones, the oscillating ones, etc, and almost all of them either a) blew out the circuit breaker all the time b) make a screeching noise c) didn't heat up well or d) just plain didn't work.

So I come to you asking for your help.. Are there any particular brands and models that you have had luck with?

TIA,

Justine

·
Registered
702 Posts
We have a 1Touch space heater in our living room and it works great. Its yet to blow out a circut or make any loud noise. We only use it when its really cold and don't want to turn up the heat. It heats up the living room really well.

·
Registered
11,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
SawyerAndMe990 said:
We have a 1Touch space heater in our living room and it works great. Its yet to blow out a circut or make any loud noise. We only use it when its really cold and don't want to turn up the heat. It heats up the living room really well.
Is it a tower shaped one and does it oscillate? :nerd:

·
Registered
702 Posts
kal3idoscope said:
SawyerAndMe990 said:
Is it a tower shaped one and does it oscillate? :nerd:
Yup it does.

·
Registered
6,054 Posts
I have had a Lasko Ceramic heater for about 3 years. It will heat up a room very nicely. Mine has a thermostat on it--I usually set it at 65 and it turns itself on and off as needed. I've been pleased with its performance.

·
Registered
8,812 Posts
JeffersonsMom said:
I have had a Lasko Ceramic heater for about 3 years. It will heat up a room very nicely. Mine has a thermostat on it--I usually set it at 65 and it turns itself on and off as needed. I've been pleased with its performance.
Ditto. Bought mine about 4 years ago from Sam's Club. Works great.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts