Just Labradors banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At the end of this month Billie will be moving into a house with a new "sister"...my boyfriend's 3 year old daughter Rylee. We've been spending two or three days a week getting the two of them used to each other, establishing rules of engagement, etc. So far every single moment has been with me or Scott holding the leash.

Last night, my normally hyper never sit still for more than 30 seconds dog left my side as I was cooking dinner and went into the livingroom to sit with Rylee. Rylee told her to lay down, and stay. Billie stayed there for at least five minutes and they watched cartoons. Then Rylee grabbed her leash and led Billie back into the kitchen, told her to sit and handed the leash back to Scott.

I almost cried with joy. I've been a little scared that my 55 pound whirling dervish would overpower this little bitty kid. Seems like so far they're going to do just fine.

Just had to share. Labzilla might just be mellowing a teeny bit.

·
Registered
4,802 Posts
How wonderful! You have every right to brag!

Just do watch out when it comes to food. This has probably occurred to you, but I wouldn't let Rylee have food while sitting on the floor in close proximity to Billie without extremely close supervision!

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Momma to J and A said:
How wonderful! You have every right to brag!

Just do watch out when it comes to food. This has probably occurred to you, but I wouldn't let Rylee have food while sitting on the floor in close proximity to Billie without extremely close supervision!
Rylee and food on the floor doesn't happen...Scott is pretty picky about that. My biggest fears include: socks (Billie loves them and how do you keep a 3 year olds room clean enough that her socks won't become labzilla toys/food?), Rylee's toys, and sleeping arrangements. I'm sure Rylee is going to end up with Billie in her room. Not sure that's going to go over well. I guess we'll figure it out.

I'm going to have to work with Billie on HER food too. She hasn't reacted badly when Rylee has been around her food bowl, but I've been very emphatic (as has Scott) about making sure Rylee knows not to get close or touch the bowl. I usually feed her in the buster cube, not the bowl though. This is all going to be an adventure.

·
Registered
6,676 Posts
Atta girl Billie!

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
Good job Billie!!!

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys!

And Dani...Rookie is ADORABLE!! Gosh that little face is smoochable.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts