Just Labradors banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
was sooooo good!!! Seriously, so well written and directed, I highly recommend it! So go out and watch it!!!

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
I really want to see it. The people that I have talked to that have seen it ALL say it was definatley Best Picture Oscar worthy.

·
Registered
11,990 Posts
It was absolutely inspirational! Not all that often that you have such a feel good movie come along. I saw it 2 months ago.

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Agreed!! I thought it was TOUGH going for the first 10 minutes or so... accents were hard to acclimate to, plot wasn't clear AT ALL. But it was so worthwhile to hang on.

I remember one of the WWTBAM winners being asked how he/she (can't recall) got to the top. The answer was: "They happened to ask me things I knew."

This movie takes that premise and expands on it wonderfully. Showing you HOW Jamal came to know what they asked him.

And -- Stick around the theater for the closing credits. The dance number on the train platform is awesome-cool!

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
Jamal?

I read the book, I doubt I will go to see the movie.

·
Registered
8,070 Posts
I really enjoyed it. A very clever and unique way of story telling. My husband fell asleep watching it though!

·
Registered
8,472 Posts
I really liked it -- I had some difficulty understanding the language behind the accents but that was a minor problem. Great movie -- and great dance scene in the end with the closing credits. IMO it well-deserved all its nominations and awards.

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Bob and I agree on something??

***thud-d-d-d-d-d-d***

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
I loved this movie! I saw it and it really depicted India the way I remember it...only I think in reality, sadly, it is even a little bit dirtier than some of those scenes. And of course the actors had beautiful skin, whereas it is difficult to find one person there that doesn't have scars from previous infections or rashes and scabs from current ones.

What a great story though!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts