Just Labradors banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It lets you watch tv on your computer over the internet, no matter where you are. As long as you have a fast connection and your computer, it's a go!

Currently, my son is watching his favorite show and I'm going to watch the View. ;)

·
Registered
9,781 Posts
i've been following the slingbox for years now.. i have yet to get one because i just can't justify it at this time.. but it's such impressive technology.. that must go good with TiVo =)

·
Registered
6,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, you have to have cable already.

It is hooked into our network somehow here at home. We have a program on our laptops that enables us to launch the slingplayer from where ever we are. As long as we have a high speed connection, we can watch tv. So when we are at my parents in Michigan, dh can watch the hockey games from CBC on his computer. Which was one thing he really wanted it for, since he seemed to always miss the Leafs and Habs playing.

They also have a new thing coming out called the SlingCatcher. I'm not exactly sure what it does, but my husband wants it. lol.

I bought him the slingbox just before they launched their new boxes, so I got it at a good price. I noticed the new ones are quite a bit more. I don't use it that much, but dh watches tv at work sometimes. ;)

·
Registered
16,679 Posts
If you don't mind me asking...how much does all of this cost?

I'm quite intrigued lol

·
Registered
6,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here's a link to their website. This is the US version.

Slingbox

The basic box, which will work for most ppl is only $179. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts