Just Labradors banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1. My face has suddenly broken out like you wouldn't believe. It's ticking me off! Help?

2. I'm also a ghastly shade of pale. I have the Jergens stuff (can't remember what it's called) but I don't like the smell and it makes me feel like I'm suffocating.

By the way, the combo of 1 or 2 makes me feel quite attractive right now. Woo!

·
Registered
11,445 Posts
I've had really good luck with Differin (sp?) creme. I got a bunch of samples from my dermatologist and it has done WONDERS. I don't have super horrible acne, but I get breakouts normally around my nose and the Differin helps get rid of it pretty quickly. I think you need a prescription for it in general, but I have had great results with it. :)

I've tried some of the self-tanning stuff, but I'm not a fan of being orange. LOL. I tan very easily in the summer but I go to basically pale white in the winter. I've learned to live with it. :)

·
Registered
15,206 Posts
for some reason... my skin has randomly decided to start a pimple on my nose... I haven't had one there in like years... it pisses me off.

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have two awful ones right under my eyes, one on each cheek. No, not noticeable at all!

·
Registered
7,129 Posts
I went all natural with my skin care and it has really helped. I alternate a burts bees scrub and a burts bees citrus face wash...also I use tea tree oil and witch hazel as an alternative to benzoyl peroxide (tto is a natural form of bp). You could get salicylic acid or benzoyl peroxide in generic form and spot treat (have to be careful with the bp as it will bleach fabrics, including towels, pillowcases, and carpet!).

It requires a script but RetinA is good stuff, too.

As for pastiness...I use a light bronzer on my face in the summer but the rest of me is pasty all the time. I just embrace it.

·
Registered
7,664 Posts
I use Neutrogena's self-tanner (with built-in moisturizer) for the winter pasty face. I've been happy with it.

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
I just see my regular doc and have him prescribe some topical antibiotics and a prescription acne med. I've used differin and tazorac...both with good results. Although I've found that if I just wash my face before bed with a product containing salicylic acid (I like Neutrogena Deep Clean Scrub) and use my topical antibiotic, I don't really HAVE to use the other prescription products. But I have to stay with it. That's my problem. I get tired at night and just want to crash. A prescription of tetracycline would be super helpful....but I'm allergic.

I also like the Olay Exfoliating Scrub. Sometimes the Neutrogena starts drying my face out too much so I alternate between the two facial washes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts