Just Labradors banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, this is my first post although have been a guest for a while..
I have a 7 yr old black lab called Tay, he started with a sore area on the side of his head just below his ear around 10 days ago, in the past few days it has spread all his fur has dropped out and he has small crusty spots that leak a yellow fluid (infected) took him to vets today and vet shaved his hair and was fairly sure it was a skin infection, but he is going back tomorrow for skin scrapes and blood tests in-case it might be mange!
He had a shot of antibiotics and gave me Cefalxine tabs he has a nice satellite receiver (as my 8yr old calls it) round his head to stop him scratching.
As anyone else had this problem, especially with the weeping crusty spots, the area is around the size of the palm of my hand, and that took just 4 days to spread to that size!!!
Rachel

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
Sorry. Not real sure about either. Just wanted to say I hope everthing is ok. Please let us know how it goes. Best of luck.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi, Thanks for your concern it is appreciated :-*
I did forget to mention, the blood work he's doing is for his thyroid too as hes recently a bit less active than usual I can see its a choice Tay or the family...... no contest !!!! i would rather be a poor lab owner!! ;D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts