Just Labradors banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 7 month old puppy, Cooper fractured his hind leg and had to have surgery six weeks ago. The vet shaved his entire leg and half of his hip to do the surgery. Now there are a couple of eczema looking spots (dry raised flaky looking) on his hip and the hair in that area is not growing as fast or as thick as the rest of the new growth. His coat is exceptionally thick and it looked like he had a mohawk down his back at first :eek:.

My question is does anyone know of anything I should or could put on it to help out? My vet wasn't very concerned with the spot and told me not to worry about it but I'm not so good at that. It does not seem to bother Cooper at all, he does not lick or bite at it.

~amy

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cooper's fracture is healing quite quickly because of his age. The vet x-rayed him two weeks ago and said he had "laid down a lot of bone" but that the pin he inserted will have to come out. He has to have that removed in two more weeks. And the little monster is feeling wonderful and driving us nuts cause he is not allowed to run much. Just last night he got that wild lab look in his eye and tore around the family room as fast as he could.

The last 6 weeks quite possibly might have been the longest of my life, for the first two weeks he had a huge cast and we had to carry him up and down stairs for the first four weeks. Coop is 65 pounds!

thanks for asking.

·
Registered
13,489 Posts
Awww, poor Cooper. He is cute. Not sure what to tell you about the shaved area. His hair will probably grow back sooner or later. If it's not bothering him, I wouldn't worry about it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts