Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
Probably the best story I have with Morgan is when we went to the vet and I told him to sit well he got up on a chair to sit and wait for his appointment.

Needless to say everyone had a good laugh- I reminded him he was a dog and had to sit on the floor like everyone else.

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
Adorable! :)

Dozer sits on the deck steps like that ... butt on the top and feet a step down.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Yes, thats exactly how my boy sits!!!
with dad and beloved nylabone

can even squish my butt into dads chair

and with human brother

·
Registered
13,524 Posts
Bauer likes to sit like a person, but in a little different way. He will literally sit and lean back like a person. He does it in the car too:

·
Registered
16,472 Posts
LOL!! I love that pose! Zoe isn't allowed on the furniture, but does it on the steps.

...and that is my most favorite Bauer pose! I was sad when you took it off your sig pic.

·
Registered
8,472 Posts
Recently I've been thinking about something related to this.

I do a lot of computer typing on my bed, Puff often beside me. When I get up to do something in another room, when I return to the bedroom, Puff has usually occupied my place. Something similar happens in the car.

When I leave Puff in the car, she usually immediately occupies my driver's seat. When she sees me coming back, I see her vacate it before I get to the car. It's very much as if she sees me as the alpha and herself as 2nd in command so when I leave, she moves into the alpha's place and role until I return and resume authority.

Bess used to do something similar in the car except I had to physically push her aside with my hip in order to sit back down im my seat -- but then Bess was much more dominant than Puff is.

So I think there is some imitating of us because, if we're the alphas, that's what you do when you substitute for them.

Anyone else notice this?

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Interesting observation Bob, but if my boy ever leans back, crosses his legs, lights up a smoke and asks for a glass of dad's port wine. I am gonna have to draw the line!!

·
Registered
618 Posts
OMG! That is the funniest picture I have seen in a very long time! :)

Bauer likes to sit like a person, but in a little different way. He will literally sit and lean back like a person. He does it in the car too:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts