Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
8,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its a rainy, lazy day and I decided I needed some afternoon caffeine... and as I sit here sipping it I realized that I haven't posted a big, deserving THANK YOU to Ursula (TobyTrix) for sending me her Bodum after mine broke!

So... THANK YOU!!!! :D

It arrived in one piece thanks to Ursula's expertise in shipping fragile items and some recycled styrofoam peanuts! She insisted that it was a favour to her to have the reclaimed cupboard space. How generous is that?!? It is exactly like my old one, and it makes a great single-serving (4-cup) pot, ha!

·
Registered
14,287 Posts
Awww =)

Glad your Saturday is lazy & peaceful. Mine is a bit frenetic...cleaned house, did laundry, went for a 5k run, popped in to a Bday party, got groceries, more laundry... it's wine time, baby!

=D

We need a puppy playdate very soon.

·
Registered
8,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Awww =)
We need a puppy playdate very soon.
Definitely!

I'm heading to Montreal on Thurs, but I am free Mon to Wed this week (with Ben) if you want to get the pups out. Ben naps after lunch, but mornings are good if you have a free one. Otherwise, the week after Ben will be at the sitters on Tues and Thurs, so we could do a puppy playdate or a SUSHI playdate! :D

·
Registered
8,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Pup AND sushi playdates! Seperate days though, of course. Tues morning is looking good for me for a pup day.
Sounds good! I can come to your neck of the woods, or you could come over to Shubie, or we could meet somewhere in the relative middle like Seaview? Heck, you guys could come over the dogs could play in the back yard if ya want!

·
Registered
8,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You can make me coffee! I'll bake a reasonably healthy sweet treat for us. Does B have any allergies?
YAY! Just remember I don't have a burr grinder, lol.

Nope, no allergies I know of, and he's tried pretty much everything. :D

·
Registered
14,287 Posts
Good! Anything in the realm of sweets that you don't like? dark chocolate, milk chocolate, coconut, lemon, cranberry, ginger, custard etc... anything?

·
Registered
14,287 Posts
I am SO making you this Coconut Lemon Quick Bread!

2½ cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder (make sure it's fresh!)
½ teaspoon salt
1¼ cups granulated sugar
2 cups finely shredded unsweetened coconut
2 eggs
¾ cup milk
½ cup fresh lemon juice
1 Tablespoon lemon zest (or more if you want a bigger kick of lemon)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
½ cup (1 stick or ¼ pound) butter, melted

I made it today for the fam. Soooooo good!

·
Registered
8,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Bumping this post for Ursula to hopefully see! I think its special that the FIRST person, besides myself, that I will make coffee for from my new-to-me Bodum will be a fellow JL'er!

Yummy T!! Anytime after you get the girls off to school is good for me!

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Would you two shut up.. this thread is for ursula.. and coffee..

YAY TO BOTH! =)

·
Registered
14,287 Posts
I was all set to make another coconut lemon quick bread for our playdate tomorrow, when Liv asked why I was baking again. I told her about tomorrow and she says "Mom, you have to make her your carrot cake, not that loaf-thing". So, thanks to Olivia, there is a scratch carrot cake baking in my oven and some freshly whipped cream cheese & butter frosting for the top. =)

·
Registered
16,129 Posts
I don't think it's fair that Theresa can come over for coffee and coconut-lemon quick bread. Where's MY invitation? Can't I come over and throw up on your carpet?

P.S. Ursula rocks, 'tis true.

·
Registered
8,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I don't think it's fair that Theresa can come over for coffee and coconut-lemon quick bread. Where's MY invitation? Can't I come over and throw up on your carpet?

P.S. Ursula rocks, 'tis true.
Nathan, if you made it all the way over to NS, I would be honoured to have you throw up on my carpet!!

And yes, Ursula does rock!

I was all set to make another coconut lenon quick bread for our playdate tomorrow, when Liv asked why I was baking again. I told her about tomorrow and she says "Mom, you have to make her your carrot cake, not that loaf-thing". So, thanks to Olivia, there is a scratch carrot cake baking in my oven and some freshly whipped cream cheese & butter frosting for the top. =)
Have I mentioned how much I LOVE Olivia???? Not that the "loaf-thing" didn't sound good.... but a homemade carrot cake and cream cheese frosting?!?!?!?!? *DROOL*

·
Registered
14,287 Posts
It's a wee but heavy on the frosting, you may need to scrape some off, actually. Of course I can't make it & not give the kids a piece, so I'll give you their verdict. ;)

Nathan, there is an open invitation. =)

We'll do Ursula proud.

·
Registered
8,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
It's a wee but heavy on the frosting, you may need to scrape some off, actually. Of course I can't make it & not give the kids a piece, so I'll give you their verdict. ;)

Nathan, there is an open invitation. =)

We'll do Ursula proud.
Oh yes, please do share with the girls, and only bring over a taste to my house... or else I may end up eating it for dinner! ;)

1 - 20 of 34 Posts