Just Labradors banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Welcome to the site! I am not sure where in LA you are located but I can point you to good trainers. There are a ton of things you can do with your dog here in LA. There are two Labrador clubs in LA, Labrador Retriever Club of Southern California (LRCSC) and High Dessert Labraddor Retriever Club (HDLRC). LRCSC has been around longer and does a few more things such as the Hunt Tests and other events. There are lots of fun things to do with labs in this area, ranging from obedience, rally, dock diving, hunt/tests/field trials, tracking (people), flyball, and more.
Send me an E-mail at [email protected] if you want more info.

Kelly

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome to the site! I am not sure where in LA you are located but I can point you to good trainers. There are a ton of things you can do with your dog here in LA. There are two Labrador clubs in LA, Labrador Retriever Club of Southern California (LRCSC) and High Dessert Labraddor Retriever Club (HDLRC). LRCSC has been around longer and does a few more things such as the Hunt Tests and other events. There are lots of fun things to do with labs in this area, ranging from obedience, rally, dock diving, hunt/tests/field trials, tracking (people), flyball, and more.
Send me an E-mail at [email protected] if you want more info.

Kelly
Awesome, I sent you an e-mail.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Sit means Sit does rely on e-collars. However, use of e-collars is not all bad if the dog is conditioned properly. I doubt if you would be a good fit for their program as it is geared to working and performance dogs.
E-collars have come a long way. The old methods of frying a dog if they made a mistake are gone. No more "teaching" with the collar, but more low level nicks to remind.

For the record, I am not a fan of Sit means Sit, but dog use an e-collar with my performance dogs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts