Just Labradors banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I FINALLY got in to see a doctor today. By now, most of the horrible stuff has subsided, luckily, but I'm still stuffed up, REALLY congested and my eye is still bugging me. My sinuses were just oozing over the weekend, on top of a 100F+ fever, migraine, body aches, chills/sweats and all the other good stuff, minus throwing up.

I thought for sure I had the flu, but it turns out it's a sinus infection. My eyelid was swollen and I had crazy amounts of eye goobers, which turned into a scab. I thought it was an eye infection, but it turns out my sinuses were draining through my eye! :eek: That's never happened to me before. Weird.

Anyways, got a 10-day prescription for Amoxicillin and it was free from the Meijer pharmacy! :)

On the road to recovery, finally!! :D

·
Registered
11,990 Posts
I glad you were finally seen! You should feel better pretty quickly. The sinus draining out your eye --- YUCK! Poor you!

·
Registered
11,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The sinus draining out your eye --- YUCK! Poor you!
It's the weirdest thing. Now that I think about it, it's been going on for a month or so.. since the seasons starting changing. I generally get sick when the temperatures go up and down so rapidly.. it messes with my body too much!

But I definitely thought it was an eye infection.. I mean the whole eyelid was puffed up to about 3x it's normal size. :eek:

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
I so feel your pain and hope you get welll soon.

If you haven't tried a Neti Pot do so(get a ceramic one not a plastic one it feels better). I was miserable for months with my sinus problems. I knew it wasn't infected as no temp and everything was clear but my face was so swollen my left eye would hardly open. I kept putting off going to the doc because I knew it wasn't infected. Finally last Thursday when I couldn't lay down or sleep at all I went. Came home with pain pills, sleeping pills and major allergy pills as that is what it was. But when I picked them up I got a Neti Pot at the insistance of one of the ladies I work with. First time I used it my head was 70% better within an hour. I have been using it for a week and the swelling is finally going down in my face. But since I have been rinsing my sinus cavities the pain has been gone it went away entirely last Saturday but I was so much better from the moment I started using it. I skipped it on Monday and knew the difference big time.

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
I had one a couple of months ago. It was the first one I've ever had, and it was terrible! It was while we were out of state visiting MIL for Christmas so I was a few days getting to a doctor. I opted for a steroid shot instead of antibiotics, and I felt 150% better the next morning. They really are awful. :(

I hope the meds work quickly, and I hope you're feeling better soon!

·
Registered
8,657 Posts
If you get them at all regularly, have yourself checked for allergies. SU's sinus infections cleared up dramatically when he started aggressiveily treating his allergies. Then this year, he started getting them again, but with more wheezing in his lungs - diagnosed with asthma!

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Justine, I am ao sorry you have a sinus infection, but glad you finally got to see a doc.

I second the neti pot, those little beauties do wonders. I have a stainless steel one and I love it. The part that the water comes out (spout) is sort of cone-shaped, so it fits nicely and doesn't poke at all.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Justine glad you are feeling better. Hope the antibiotics clear everything else up soon. I hate sinus infections. I have not heard of sinus drainage out an eye. Glad I never had that symptom.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts