Just Labradors banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What am I going to do with you? She is one week post op today. I took 2.5 days off work last week to stay home with her and she spent exactly 1.5 days in her kennel before I couldn't take it anymore! She's been really good about lying around the house, thank god. Until this morning! :eek:

OMG...I opened the door to let them out for their first pee and she goes tearing out and around the house with little regard to her leg! I'm yelling for her to come back and if she broke what I just paid big bucks to fix I was gonna kill her!!! She came limping back and went directly to her doggie bed.

She started licking last nite on the wound and of course the Yuk stuff isn't working and I can't find the cone we had for Thunder. Wound looks good tho'! And I swear she's milking the pet-me, pet-me, attention whore attitude for all it's worth! :)

So my bad for not locking her in her kennel, but I just could not take the whinging, crying, clawing, etc. any longer. (Kelli, I don't know how you did it one time let alone twice with Koda!!!) Vet said she will only put enough weight on it to her liking. So I am hoping all is well with her leg. She goes back to vet in one more week to get stitches out.

·
Registered
11,446 Posts
Sometimes they are too stoic for their own good! "Oh come on, Mom.. I'm FINE. Trust me!!!" Then she comes back going "Ouch!" and you say "I told you so!!" ;)

If it were me, I don't think I could crate Abbey that long either. Maybe you could put her on a leash and tether her to you? That way she's out and about but she won't be able to run off like that again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts