Just Labradors banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today! Took her to the vet yesterday as she was limping again. Everything feels find in there and she probably just over did it. Said to try to limit her activity for a little bit longer, which we have been doing.

She's lost 6 lbs. since surgery! About 15 lbs more to go!!! God help us! :eek: Vet suggested low cal dog food for her and I'm looking for suggestions as to what people feeding low cal are feeding?

TIA

·
Registered
11,446 Posts
I'm not to savvy on the low-cal foods, but an easy thing to do without switching the food (if it ain't broke, don't fix it!), is to just cut back on the amount of food you are giving Simba. Replace some of it with something like green beans, which are a "filler" to replace the food, but since they are veggies, they are good!

Glad to hear she is doing well after the surgery, though! :)

·
Registered
601 Posts
Yay for Simba!!

We feed California Natural, Happy has their low fat one, and Sam and Lucky get Fish and Sweet Potatoes.

Gotta love food allergies ;)

·
Registered
5,336 Posts
Glad to hear that her recovery continues to progress. :) I agree with the above poster who mentioned cutting back on the AMOUNT you are feeding, and replacing the difference with a healthier alternative. ie, green beans.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Great news!!

I agree with the others about low-cal. With my 3, I just reduced their feedings from 1 cup to about 3/4 cup. Worked like a charm. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts