Just Labradors banner

Silly question about Tacos

571 views 29 replies 17 participants last post by  canUdigIt 
#1 ·
How do you fill yours ? I am a taco virgin so treat me gently please !

They have minced beef ( seasoning of course ) , salad, chopped tomatos, salsa, cheese !

How do you stack yours ? First - last etc. ??

#2 ·
I am not a huge taco fan, but when I make them I do the seasoned meat (I use lean ground turkey, usually), then a bit of sauce, then chopped tomato, shredded lettuce, shredded cheese, and a small dollop of sour cream. Sometimes I add chopped avocado or homemade guac, if I happen to have it on hand.

#5 ·
A real Mexican place (not Tex-Mex) will also have ones with fish in them or best of all, the filling will be made of tongue.  The best tacos in the world taste you as you taste them. :laugh:

#8 ·
samson said:
I'll insist on refried beans when I visit you guys !

Sounds like leftovers to me , but then coq au vin is always best reheated !

That's nothing to do with sex BTW !
Guess you could make tacos out of a drunken rooster. :laugh:

Colin, come out here, I'll take you to get some good Mex food, as long as you don't mind scary looking, hole in the wall places. ;) We'll get my co-worker Andeas to come along and help us get the order right cause I ain't that good with the lingo. ;)

#12 ·
First you fry the white corn tortilla, then you put a little homemade (or bought from a good take-out place) refried beans, season macha (shredded beef), sauteed onions, salsa, lettuce and tomato if you prefer, jack cheese and salsa (fresh is best). One thing about Phx is we can get some of the best taco's....and Glen I love fish taco's with cabbage or shrimp tacos are good also.

#14 ·
eastcoastmom said:
I am not a huge taco fan, but when I make them I do the seasoned meat (I use lean ground turkey, usually), then a bit of sauce, then chopped tomato, shredded lettuce, shredded cheese, and a small dollop of sour cream. Sometimes I add chopped avocado or homemade guac, if I happen to have it on hand.
Same here, but I am a big fan of tacos.

#15 ·
delmonico said:
samson said:

Colin, come out here, I'll take you to get some good Mex food, as long as you don't mind scary looking, hole in the wall places. ;) We'll get my co-worker Andeas to come along and help us get the order right cause I ain't that good with the lingo. ;)
I guarantee that if I come within 100 miles of you Glenn I'll let you and Andreas entertain me !

#16 ·
samson said:
delmonico said:
samson said:

Colin, come out here, I'll take you to get some good Mex food, as long as you don't mind scary looking, hole in the wall places. ;)   We'll get my co-worker Andeas to come along and help us get the order right cause I ain't that good with the lingo. ;)
I guarantee that if I come within 100 miles of you Glenn I'll let you and Andreas entertain me !
I can assure you we'd have a fun time.  Don't tell him I told you so, but he does dress shall we say, a little funny. ;)

The Hispanic Western look is quit a bit differnt than the 19th century western I wear or the more modern CMT look.  but it would work out, just bring yer Bowler Hat and yer Wellington boots and nobody would even notice you. :D

Wouldn't be the first time I went out on the town with someone dressed that way.

#18 ·
samson said:
Bowler hat and wellies on holiday !  Yeah right ! LOL

I nearly always sunbathe like that *tee hee*
Well I could always sell you both, even have some Dr. Marten Wellingtons in the Work Dept. ;) 

#19 ·
azlab said:
First you fry the white corn tortilla, then you put a little homemade (or bought from a good take-out place) refried beans, season macha (shredded beef), sauteed onions, salsa, lettuce and tomato if you prefer, jack cheese and salsa (fresh is best). One thing about Phx is we can get some of the best taco's....and Glen I love fish taco's with cabbage or shrimp tacos are good also.
Ditto here, I love tacos- just had mexican food night this week- sometimes I will make homemade mexican rice to go as a side dish or even add to the taco or burritos!

#20 ·
dipete said:
azlab said:
Ditto here, I love tacos- just had mexican food night this week- sometimes I will make homemade mexican rice to go as a side dish or even add to the taco or burritos!
dipete said:
azlab said:
Double Tap? :laugh:

#21 ·
delmonico said:
dipete said:
azlab said:

Yeah I think I was having a seizure or something!! :laugh: :laugh: I fixed it!

#22 ·
dipete said:
delmonico said:
dipete said:
azlab said:

Yeah I think I was having a seizure or something!! :laugh: :laugh: I fixed it!
Nothing wrong with a double tap, just remember, first one to the torso, second one to the head. ;)

Repeat if needed.

#23 ·
I heat the crispy shell with some refried beans, seasoned ground beef and cheese in the microwave for about 30 seconds. Then I add lettuce and chopped tomato and a few scallions. Last is mixture of sour cream and salsa.

Then I repeat 1-2 times.

SU likes the soft shell and will eat it with either chicken or beef.

#24 ·
samson said:
This entire thread makes me :laugh: So immature. So. immature. Did no one else laugh? :secret:

#25 ·
yellojakesmom said:
samson said:
This entire thread makes me :laugh: So immature. So. immature. Did no one else laugh? :secret:
We never really laugh at Colin,, remember English humor is more dry than American. ;) :laugh:

See they kicked out the ones with funny genes years ago. ;)

#26 ·
eastcoastmom said:
Mine are the same usually as T's..... except we use ground mince and I have a secret seasoning recipe that Dave loves. He won't eat anyone elses taco mince but mine LOL crazy man...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.