Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,629 Posts
I am not a huge taco fan, but when I make them I do the seasoned meat (I use lean ground turkey, usually), then a bit of sauce, then chopped tomato, shredded lettuce, shredded cheese, and a small dollop of sour cream. Sometimes I add chopped avocado or homemade guac, if I happen to have it on hand.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,656 Posts
I put refried beans in first, followed by seasoned meat. I set out a buffet line for the kids to put on their own toppings. Tomatoes, shredded lettuce, onions, cheese, sour cream, tomatillo sauce, salsa, avacado....whatever you like. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,007 Posts
A real Mexican place (not Tex-Mex) will also have ones with fish in them or best of all, the filling will be made of tongue.  The best tacos in the world taste you as you taste them. :laugh:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,418 Posts
i like soft tacos so i use a flour tortilla. then seasoned beef(sometimes refried beans also), tomatoes, salsa, shredded cheese and sour cream.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,007 Posts
samson said:
I'll insist on refried beans when I visit you guys !

Sounds like leftovers to me , but then coq au vin is always best reheated !

That's nothing to do with sex BTW !
Guess you could make tacos out of a drunken rooster. :laugh:

Colin, come out here, I'll take you to get some good Mex food, as long as you don't mind scary looking, hole in the wall places. ;) We'll get my co-worker Andeas to come along and help us get the order right cause I ain't that good with the lingo. ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,352 Posts
First you fry the white corn tortilla, then you put a little homemade (or bought from a good take-out place) refried beans, season macha (shredded beef), sauteed onions, salsa, lettuce and tomato if you prefer, jack cheese and salsa (fresh is best). One thing about Phx is we can get some of the best taco's....and Glen I love fish taco's with cabbage or shrimp tacos are good also.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,170 Posts
If I have beef in mine, it's shredded and seasoned. Not ground. I'll also add some lettuce and very sharp cheddar, with fresh salsa. I'll often make fish tacos, or sometimes use prawns.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,765 Posts
eastcoastmom said:
I am not a huge taco fan, but when I make them I do the seasoned meat (I use lean ground turkey, usually), then a bit of sauce, then chopped tomato, shredded lettuce, shredded cheese, and a small dollop of sour cream. Sometimes I add chopped avocado or homemade guac, if I happen to have it on hand.
Same here, but I am a big fan of tacos.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
delmonico said:
samson said:
I'll insist on refried beans when I visit you guys !

Sounds like leftovers to me , but then coq au vin is always best reheated !

That's nothing to do with sex BTW !
Guess you could make tacos out of a drunken rooster. :laugh:

Colin, come out here, I'll take you to get some good Mex food, as long as you don't mind scary looking, hole in the wall places. ;) We'll get my co-worker Andeas to come along and help us get the order right cause I ain't that good with the lingo. ;)
I guarantee that if I come within 100 miles of you Glenn I'll let you and Andreas entertain me !
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,007 Posts
samson said:
delmonico said:
samson said:
I'll insist on refried beans when I visit you guys !

Sounds like leftovers to me , but then coq au vin is always best reheated !

That's nothing to do with sex BTW !
Guess you could make tacos out of a drunken rooster. :laugh:

Colin, come out here, I'll take you to get some good Mex food, as long as you don't mind scary looking, hole in the wall places. ;)   We'll get my co-worker Andeas to come along and help us get the order right cause I ain't that good with the lingo. ;)
I guarantee that if I come within 100 miles of you Glenn I'll let you and Andreas entertain me !
I can assure you we'd have a fun time.  Don't tell him I told you so, but he does dress shall we say, a little funny. ;)

The Hispanic Western look is quit a bit differnt than the 19th century western I wear or the more modern CMT look.  but it would work out, just bring yer Bowler Hat and yer Wellington boots and nobody would even notice you. :D

Wouldn't be the first time I went out on the town with someone dressed that way.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,007 Posts
samson said:
Bowler hat and wellies on holiday !  Yeah right ! LOL

I nearly always sunbathe like that *tee hee*
Well I could always sell you both, even have some Dr. Marten Wellingtons in the Work Dept. ;) 
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21,715 Posts
azlab said:
First you fry the white corn tortilla, then you put a little homemade (or bought from a good take-out place) refried beans, season macha (shredded beef), sauteed onions, salsa, lettuce and tomato if you prefer, jack cheese and salsa (fresh is best). One thing about Phx is we can get some of the best taco's....and Glen I love fish taco's with cabbage or shrimp tacos are good also.
Ditto here, I love tacos- just had mexican food night this week- sometimes I will make homemade mexican rice to go as a side dish or even add to the taco or burritos!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,007 Posts
dipete said:
azlab said:
First you fry the white corn tortilla, then you put a little homemade (or bought from a good take-out place) refried beans, season macha (shredded beef), sauteed onions, salsa, lettuce and tomato if you prefer, jack cheese and salsa (fresh is best). One thing about Phx is we can get some of the best taco's....and Glen I love fish taco's with cabbage or shrimp tacos are good also.
Ditto here, I love tacos- just had mexican food night this week- sometimes I will make homemade mexican rice to go as a side dish or even add to the taco or burritos!
dipete said:
azlab said:
First you fry the white corn tortilla, then you put a little homemade (or bought from a good take-out place) refried beans, season macha (shredded beef), sauteed onions, salsa, lettuce and tomato if you prefer, jack cheese and salsa (fresh is best). One thing about Phx is we can get some of the best taco's....and Glen I love fish taco's with cabbage or shrimp tacos are good also.
Ditto here, I love tacos- just had mexican food night this week- sometimes I will make homemade mexican rice to go as a side dish or even add to the taco or burritos!
Double Tap? :laugh:
 
1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Top